• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Getting RO to work with Norton 2006

EDIT - a temporary fix that has worked for me, as someone else has already mentioned is to deactivate/close Norton Antivirus for the time that you would like to play RO. I have yet to test it multiple times, but so far on my first try doing this, it worked fine! However I would again like to stress that this is just a temporary fix, as I along with many others, do not want to have their virus program turned off.

Ok, so I have gone through this thread every day for the last 3 days, but being the computer dummy I am, I still do not understand how I can play RO if I keep getting that "Precondition Assertion Failed" message during startup of the game.
Is it possible that someone can take a few minutes out of their day to write up a step-by-step walk through that is easy to understand for all us novice computer users out there?

I have been able to play RO on and off since it's release, but with a never ending always changing list of problems/bugs. Less than a week ago I got a geforce 7800GS video card, and the game runs like BUTTER! I love it. Now I got to figure out how to get the best out of my card, because I know it can run RO a lot better than it already does.

However, sometimes during startup of the game I get the "Precondition" error. Ever since I got this error again 2 days ago, I have not been able to get onto RO even once.
So please, anyone, if there is a solution to this problem yet (or even a temporary one, like if it works sometimes or something like that), please...can you post an easy to understand walkthrough?

Thank you, and have a good day.
Best regards,
Tim

Last edited:
Upvote 0