• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Getting a server ranked - Dynamic IP

Sure and the moment it changes your unranked again, so what would be the point? My Dynamic IP can and does change ten times a day.
Which is pretty much why I have a serverbox in a DC with Static IP and its own DNS.
And some people with dynamic IP's have had the same IP for months or even years. So the point would be if you're one of those people who haven't had their IP change in a very long time you can host a white listed server no problem with a dynamic IP.

Pretty sure Buster knows his way around a server or three. :D
Could have fooled me with his moronic statement.

Upvote 0
And you'd be one of them. You think GSP's get some magical hardware the rest of the world can't get or something?

It's all about bandwidth quality for great connections for multiple clients:

The network is built on a quad core redundant Cisco infrastructure with full gigabit uplinks to each server or access switch. The upstream bandwidth is a multi-carrier blend of the top tier-1 providers which offers lowest latency connections for end users throughout the United States and Globally.

You don't get that on a home computer.

Upvote 0
It's all about bandwidth quality for great connections for multiple clients:

The network is built on a quad core redundant Cisco infrastructure with full gigabit uplinks to each server or access switch. The upstream bandwidth is a multi-carrier blend of the top tier-1 providers which offers lowest latency connections for end users throughout the United States and Globally.

You don't get that on a home computer.
And if I was looking at running a data center from my house I'd need a "quad core redundant Cisco infrastructure". Thankfully I'm not trying to do that. I ran a little test earlier with a friend located in Indiana. His pings to a L4D2 server hosted by Gameservers.com in New York was ~50ms. And you know what his pings were to the L4D2 server hosted in my house on Long Island? It was ~50ms.

Upvote 0