• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

"get Out!"

i had a game on thursday and did a driver/commander with this guy 3 different times in a pzIv , when later on i hoped into a tiger for a bit the commander was obviously set up so i switched between mg and driver to help him look out for enemy , when i got out , saw the same guy later on ( the one in the PZ) he was in a panther this time , so i hoped in , and he told me to 'get out' 3 times, when i asked why he said please so i did , but i was still a little thrown back by it.

Upvote 0
Deathsai said:
I used to ask if people had their voice keys binded (merely because I don't like listening to some scratchy, low-quality voice and try to understand if he's saying "IS-2 to the front!" or "Panzerfaust behind us!" or "I like waffles!") and if they don't or didn't respond, I'd get out.

People can learn by soloing or with other people, but not with me. I typically only let people in nowadays if they seem respectable or if I know them. Otherwise, I will merely get out of the tank and wait for another one to spawn.

However, if they get out and follow me around, they can expect a pistol round to the leg.

So is this the name you go by in game. Cause I try to avoid assholes like you. Just got on a server the other day and the guy right off yells at me to get out of his tank. Hell I will drive for ya it you want to gun. And I'm a damn good driver if you give me decent directions. But I only got that way learning on a public server with someone willing to take the time.

Upvote 0
Theodrake said:
So is this the name you go by in game. Cause I try to avoid assholes like you. Just got on a server the other day and the guy right off yells at me to get out of his tank. Hell I will drive for ya it you want to gun. And I'm a damn good driver if you give me decent directions. But I only got that way learning on a public server with someone willing to take the time.

I agree. Guys like him are a black spot on this community. I have seen more and more people like that online recently, and its a shame.

Upvote 0
Deathsai said:
I used to ask if people had their voice keys binded (merely because I don't like listening to some scratchy, low-quality voice and try to understand if he's saying "IS-2 to the front!" or "Panzerfaust behind us!" or "I like waffles!") and if they don't or didn't respond, I'd get out.

People can learn by soloing or with other people, but not with me. I typically only let people in nowadays if they seem respectable or if I know them. Otherwise, I will merely get out of the tank and wait for another one to spawn.

However, if they get out and follow me around, they can expect a pistol round to the leg.

People like you make this game suck!!

Upvote 0
Some of the posts here aren't very incouraging. I'm a newb to this game, but not a newb in general... however I can't fully practice tanking alone since the bots are terrible, and solo-tanking isn't really very skill-enhancing.

I've made sure to map ALL of the tank direction command keys in case I happen to be in the turret, and I am most ready to take ALL directions as a driver. I haven't had the luck being on a tank map yet online, but I hope that if I do try to join a tank I get a chance to learn...

Upvote 0
It might be useful if there was a system for allocating tanks based on available crews. Perhaps, the "senior" tank officer, (the player with highest score/most time in a vehicle with multiple crew members) could set a threshold for fully crewed vehicles. Full crews would get vehicles before solo players. In real life commander get to set priorities for the resources that improve the effectiveness of their forces.

Single players could get smaller tanks, PZKW-II and T-60s. The full crews should get the larger, more powerful vehicles.

It would also be nice if there was some way of identifying players with voice in the tank parks, to speed up selection of voice capable crews.

Upvote 0
At worst Deathsai represents a 'compromise' gamer. He said he doesn't yell the "GET OUT OF MAH TANK!@" line. He will let you have the damn tank just to avoid a petty dispute over it.

I would by far prefer one competent player in a tank on my team as opposed to two or three who cannot coordinate the driving/gunning aspect. A tank of this latter description will not last longer than 1 minute, maybe less, depending on how crazy the driver is, and furthermore will be typically unable to contribute to victory for the team. Afterall, if they can't even coordinate between each other, how could they coordinate their own actions with team based objectives?

Upvote 0
When Im in a crew, I prefer to be gunner!! Im an excellent shot & have learned to fire at weak spots instead of just anywhere (like your average noob)

Im always shouting out directions to my driver & offering helpful hints like angling or when to retreat! What more can one do..?

But when I drive, I get into excellent positions & its down to my gunner to hit enemy sweet spots.

But what I cant understand is when you have morons who drive aimlessly about & who dont take any kind of orders... I stop cos I know Im getting the points too. It may not be me pulling the trigger, but I'm still getting the points I deserve!

Why cant people get that through their heads!?? :mad:

Upvote 0
IMHO, solo tanking should be impossible. People gripe all the time about the imperfections of the in-game tanks to reality, and yet are somehow ok with one player instantly switching between positions.

Players who totally suck (IE ignore instructions or are just plain morons) will soon find that people are unwilling to crew with them, and they won't be able to tank at all...

= problem solved.

Upvote 0
I give everyone a chance. Even if they are bad shots, I'll try to make it up by my driving. If they are idiots, ie. don't listen to the orders, don't communicate, I don't drive with them the another time. Problem solved. It's not that much about the skill, but the teamplay. However, these idiots are a small minority, compared to the OTHER KIND OF IDIOTS, which make up for the vast majority.

These idiots tell you to bail out or drive off by themselves, not even giving you a chance. Tell me to "Get out!" and I'll stick in that tank of yours like glue. If they ask politely, I'll be polite and get out, but spamming the ingame commands is just rude and immature and will make me nothing but pissed.

You can often find me from a tank sitting in the spawn asking for a good gunner. Sometimes it pays off, most times it doesn't. Tank maps can be a wonderful experience, but most of the time it's just people playing deathmatch in steel suits.

However, I think it has also got to do with the game itself. Why is the Battlefield-like instant seat change feature still in? Making a 10 second delay between changing seats does not sound like much of a challenge for the coders to me. Another thing is the autoloading gun. That shouldn't be either. Since the game is supposed to be realistic, why is it lacking in so obvious areas that would vastly improve the teamplay and fun? I can't but hope to see these simple features implemented with the next patch.

Upvote 0
I must admit that it's annoying when people get into tanks and don't communicate.
I find that, with new players it's better to switch to the driver position and let them miss targets than to let them drive you into a dangerous situation. Like everyone here I've had bad experiences of drivers dashing about the map, twisting and turning, not realising that your tanks turret doesn't turn quickly enough for you to lay a shell on a target and ignoring all of your commands.
Most tank engagements are won and lost at distance, not close up.
It's also annoying when you get into a tank and are told to get out, but then if I had got a tank into a nice position and was shelling the enemy only to have someone leap in and drive off i'd be annoyed. Instead what I do is switch to the MG position and talk it through with them.
By far the most annoying thing is to join a clan server and get kicked becuase they have a member who wants to be a tanker, only to then see that they don't use the tank!

Upvote 0
[-project.rattus-] said:
Best way to cope with this is to find a "tank crew" which plays together on a regular base, and perhaps even has an own Teamspeak server. Then, you will have quite intense panzer fights ;)

True. i was once with aceto in a t34 on Bondarevo. i was driver, he gunner. we took about 20 hits and destroyed countless german tanks without exchanging any info or command.

first i prefered to be alone in a tank. but now i rather be with a mate in. because you can realy rock with a mate. much more than alone...

so get a goot mate...........:)

Upvote 0
I'll share my tank with anyone.... anyone who has a "Pz502_" callsign in front of their names, that is.

The rest are just too much of an unknown qaunitity. I have made exceptions before, and I'll make them again, but its just a mixed-bag of results when i do.

Please dont hate me for this. If I feel like soloing - YOU can have the tank, I'll always wait for one to be available - dont take it so personally.

Upvote 0
The problem with multiple tank crews is the unknown factor. You dont know him, he probably speaks another language, has a different view on the game, has more/less experience, there's always something that isnt right. I love it when other people use tanks, it adds a lot to the game, but I simply dont step in a vehicle, especially not in a tank. I avoid them simply because I want to enjoy my game for the time I have the chance to play it. I have no intention to get frustrated about a teammate with a different opinion.

Upvote 0
I think I am most effective alone in a tank, but I would never tell someone to get out considering I know the advantage it gives us...

When someone gets in my tank, I usually say

"Hey gunner.... got a mic ? or Hey Driver... got a mic"
Guess its my luck... they usually dont reply.

Yet when I am being driven by a bad driver, I am alright, as soon as I see a target I say STOP, let me shoot, once I shot, I tell him to move a bit... if he is head on the targer I tell him to keep a 45degree angle with the ennemies...

When I am driven by a good driver.. For some reason I fail to see anything and he usually tells me 11... 1... whatever...

as a driver... I always fell on poor gunners who are as blind as I am...

(I have not yet had fun as a team in a tank...)
Alone, I find myself a good spot, keep the tank at an angle compared to the ennemy and chill there shooting down my targets...

Upvote 0
Heinz said:
ah, I dont know man, sometimes it's fun to take a chance. to teach a new person, or, to learn from a better player.

Except when they just ignore you. :p When they are gunning, not so bad.

Had a driver yesterday that just would not stop moving. Worse, he apparently thought I was a bad shot so he'd charge the enemy line and RAM the opposing tanks..

Upvote 0
What an idiot!

Regarding mic use, Im afraid my headfone/mic combo is attached to my hifi next to the pc. I prefer it as I listen to music/videos through the hifi & its a pain to keep switching connections around behind the pc tower (which is tucked away under the desk)

Anyhoo I would much prefer if peeps used the voice keys as it maintains the immersion with authentic russian/german voices! I prefer the german cos it sounds more stern and agressive (like a real german commander) I especially love the 'FORWARDS' command. I just love spamming that :D

Upvote 0