• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

german tank open hatch driving

I think you're talking about "driving" from the commander's point of view. He's talking about the driver's point of view.

That said, I'm pretty sure it's realistic to be able to keep the tank moving forward, but not steer unbuttoned. I've seen film of drivers unbuttoned with their heads sticking out, going forward. In RO2, once you unbutton, your tank comes to a stop.
yes. i was. thanks for pointing out my error.:eek:

Upvote 0
Okay but......why is it for the T34 always possible?

Driving with open driver`s hatch is much easier because you have
a wider view.

Well, In the T34 you don't have your hands 2 meters away from the steering controls.

Remember in the beta where I think you could always steer with open hatch in the panzers. Then you look down into the tank and look at the steering controls moving by themselves. :rolleyes:

I guess this is the leverage for the T34

Upvote 0
What I don't get with cockpit views in most games is how they neglect to move your head as you move your view. The pivoting isn't correct when you factor in head neck and upper body movement.

The views from inside the tank are unrealistically limited when the windows (or slits) are correctly proportioned since you normally don't have nearly as much freedom of movement in games.

Last edited:
Upvote 0