• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Garena anyone?

Uhhh, I fail to see how pirated copies of KF have to do anything with Garena, since they're an online platform much like steam and origin are along on a smaller scale with the VPN like qualities of Tunngle and Hamachi but more with a community interaction like Tunngle.

Though honestly, if you're going to use a VPN for KF if you or your friends cannot get to port forward properly. I'd suggest tunngle, I've had far better use using it than hamachi and works 90+% of the time. Of course all your friends have to be on the same tunngle KF server lobby with you to be able to connect to your listen server, but each one holds 255 players and IIRC theres 3 of them.

I used hamachi a while ago but the rooms are mostly full the whole time. Ill stick to garena. Do you know of anyone who uses garena?

Upvote 0
I don't know, when I want to play with my friends only I start my own password-protected dedicated server.

Yeah, but not everyone has access to the port forwarding on their firewall. There is certainly a place for VPN based matchmaking, but honestly, the majority of the time it is just used for pirated copies of games(not that I don't believe you guys, I'm just talking statistically).

Upvote 0
Yeah, but not everyone has access to the port forwarding on their firewall. There is certainly a place for VPN based matchmaking, but honestly, the majority of the time it is just used for pirated copies of games(not that I don't believe you guys, I'm just talking statistically).

Thank you Xienen you are actually the one person who understands my problems with port forwarding. And i actually use an original version of killing floor.

Upvote 0
Either way, I'm just going to leave this here.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/KillingFloorMWebServerGroup

I understand your frustration with port forwarding, since I can't host either, but that's WHY I went to MWeb and got us so many. And if you meant "Custom" server, as in it has modded and custom content, we have one of those too! I'm constantly tweaking and balancing it, I just don't get much feedback about it.

Custom MWeb server - KillingFloor://197.80.200.22:7707

Upvote 0