• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gamescon gossip.

Zetsumei

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Amsterdam, Netherlands
This thread is dedicated to discussing what you expect to be shown or given out during gamescom.

- Personally I think that TWI will announce that the game will have tanks.
- And next to that that that a definite release quarter about rohos gets released.
- Next to that I hope that the first video trailer gets released and showcased at the booth.
- And I hope that some bits of the singleplayerish parts get showcased.

For the unknown game(s) that get showed by TWI, I hope that one of them is Air Buccaneers.
And perhaps the other game would be The Haunted or an announcement of KF2.

Last edited:
Personally i'm hoping that this unannounced venture has something to do with Ground Branch. It would be great to see that get supported by someone, and TWI has the possibilities to make it work.
Since TWI is now publishing as well, and GB needs a publisher, that would be sweet. Or maybe even help the BFS after ROHOS is done ^^

EDIT:
Other than that, i'm hoping for an official game trailer.

Upvote 0
I forgot all about GB Sic hopefully something get's them moving forward some more we need a true game like that again.

I am personally wondering if they will release any information on available platforms for ROHOS unless it will be PC only.

:IS2:

Although I'm expecting that eventually HOS will find its way to different console platforms. I think TWI would make a specialized version that works ideal on console hardware after the PC version has been used somewhat as a testing platform first.

So even if TWI might do some in house experiments on the consoles, I don't think we'd see something like a simultaneous release. Especially as stuff like updates can be pretty hard to do on consoles (although steamworks on ps3 could change that).

But it would sure be interesting if TWI announced whether it will be on additional platforms in the long run either MAC or PS3/X360

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i think we'll get more at each event they've got lined up. for the first two events, i'm actually expecting to see more news about KF, the Ball, RS and whatever these other "ventures" will be. sure we'll get some ROHOS news, but i'm expecting more of that at the later shows since they'll be closer to the tentative "Q2 2011" release window 1C still posts.

for Gamescon, i honestly don't expect TOO much yet......they've still got 3 more events to spread out all the info they want to share.

this is what ROHOS news i think we'll get from this one:

• announcement of tanks
  • some new single player info
  • video showing demo "beta" stage gameplay
  • release of some more specific "public" beta details
  • typical, some new screenshots of new maps/skins/graphics/development etc....
at PAX i expect more news regarding the music since Sam will be there and i also expect a more defined release window, realistically maybe the month. also at PAX i'm expecting an specific date/plan for whatever they will do for the large scale public beta either through a pre-purchase, registration etc....

i'm realistically not expecting an official trailer of any sort until SIEGE in november, which is also when i expect to see the official release date (m/d/y).

Upvote 0

You got to remember that gamescom is the biggest gaming event in the world (bigger than E3 and bigger than Pax). From here we got the first shakey cam videos, and TWI has already said they will be demonstrating the game in a similar fashion again. And they are based in the stand of the actual publisher of HOS in Europe.

So although they will probably save some information, I think they'll go close to all out regarding visual content. Its the only event in Europe home of the majority of the RO players. And this event can reach the biggest audience.

Although Siege is the home for TWI and they will probably get some very special info put out there. Information put out at Siege will reach far less people than with Gamescom. For Siege I would rather expect like perhaps the ability for the public to actually test play a demo level of HOS.

I don't think if they have trailer material that they wouldn't show it at the last Gamescom before the game is released. Whatever is happening at Gamescom I definitively think that they will try to start the hype train.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i think we'll get more at each event they've got lined up. for the first two events, i'm actually expecting to see more news about KF, the Ball, RS and whatever these other "ventures" will be. sure we'll get some ROHOS news, but i'm expecting more of that at the later shows since they'll be closer to the tentative "Q2 2011" release window 1C still posts.

for Gamescon, i honestly don't expect TOO much yet......they've still got 3 more events to spread out all the info they want to share.

this is what ROHOS news i think we'll get from this one:

• announcement of tanks
  • some new single player info
  • video showing demo "beta" stage gameplay
  • release of some more specific "public" beta details
  • typical, some new screenshots of new maps/skins/graphics/development etc....
at PAX i expect more news regarding the music since Sam will be there and i also expect a more defined release window, realistically maybe the month. also at PAX i'm expecting an specific date/plan for whatever they will do for the large scale public beta either through a pre-purchase, registration etc....

i'm realistically not expecting an official trailer of any sort until SIEGE in november, which is also when i expect to see the official release date (m/d/y).

So wait a minute , you don't expect much but still you just lined up a ton
of info that you think we'll get? I lol'ed.

Upvote 0