• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Game is stuck on splash screen!

snoopy1230

Sep 1, 2011
so i downloaded the beta loaded it up and it got to a splash screen, it sat there for no joke i left it like 4 hours lol! (i went to the store). so i ctrl+alt+delete and it turns out that the splash screen is responding but unrealengine3.exe is not responding. i need some help here i want to play the beta really bad! im stuck on playing it on my office pc (IT SUCKS). i tried all the fixes here and nothing!

any way heres some pc specs.

Gamming rig.
cpu: pentium 4 3.6ghz
RAM:4gb ddr3 ram.
hard drive space:100gigs left:)P)
video card: gtx460SE 1gb drr3 ram

OFFICE COMP.
cpu:quad core 2.6 cpu.
RAM:4gb ddr3 ram
hard drive space:500 gigs
video card: 8600gt (slowly dying)

now let me get something threw here, I HATE GAMMING ON WINDOWS 7 :mad:
and i know people with high end cpu's that are also getting this error. so its not my ****ty pentium 4 lol. please help me out here guys. thanks :)

Last edited:
Because we make use of alot of CPU power for many of the complex things we recreate in the game world.

Well, maybe you should put a big warning at the Steam store page (and in other places where the game is being sold) telling the users about that. That the game won't even run without a dual core cpu.

And put an error message in the game when we try to run it.

Upvote 0
Well, maybe you should put a big warning at the Steam store page (and in other places where the game is being sold) telling the users about that. That the game won't even run without a dual core cpu.

And put an error message in the game when we try to run it.

There is a warning, it is called the minimum specs listed on both the steam store page and the box of the game that say it requires a dual core CPU and recommends a quad core.

You'll find more and more titles will have this going forward from this point.

Upvote 0
There is a warning, it is called the minimum specs listed on both the steam store page and the box of the game that say it requires a dual core CPU and recommends a quad core.

I don't think that's enough. Like i said, a lot of games that allegedly requires dual core cpus in minimum specs runs, and runs well on single core rigs. I mean a REAL warning, like this one about directx on Just Cause 2:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/8190/?snr=1_7_7_151_150_1

"Notice: Just Cause 2 only supports Windows Vista or Windows 7 and requires a video card that supports DirectX 10 or higher. Windows XP and DirectX 9 are not supported. Does not require a Games For Windows Live account."

In this case:
"Notice: Red Orchestra 2 only supports dual core cpus. Single core cpus are not supported. Bla bla bla."

That should do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0