• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Game Freezes.

System Specs:

Mobo: Asus Crosshair Formula IV
RAM: 16 Gig
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 3.7 GHZ.
Sound: Onboard
Video: Nvidia GTX 780

While playing RO, RO2, RS - seems any Unreal Engine games - while playing out of nowhere the game freezes for a split second about every 5 minutes - sound and all a complete and literal (Freeze).

I've not seen it in any other games except those on the Unreal Engines.

I have games like iRacing, DCS Flight Sims, and even Sniper Elite III and I don't see these types of freeze ups during any of those. Anyone else seeing these same kind of freeze ups or pauses during gameplay?

Hmm I have a i5 4430, 8GB ram and a GTX 660 and it works just fine. What I would suggest is for you to get a SSD. The 120gb ones are cheap as hell nowadays and it makes your windows very fast and you can put a game like Red Orchestra there and it speeds the load times and smooths out a lot of the games glitches/bugs. For example the welcome screen freeze and the overall slow load times that people are experiencing I resolved all of that by putting the game on the SSD. The game still feels like it wants to freeze on the welcome screen but it only briefly does so. With the gear you got, money shouldnt be an issues and u could get even 256GB ssd and call it a day.

Upvote 0
My drive is an SSD. When I built my system at the time it had all the latest and greatest parts. I build my own systems and have done Windows support for over 20+ years and I still can't figure out what the issue is.

I've disabled the launching screen and it takes a good 2 minutes for the game to launch. Game play is as smooth as silk except those occasional game freezes every 3-5 minutes or so and (Only) in Unreal games. Doesn't happen in any other games I play.

Last edited:
Upvote 0