• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Game crashes when joining a match with players on Playstation

We are tracking that some users on the platform are experiencing this and are trying to determine why as it looks like it wasn't a change on our end, and it is only impacting some users.

Would really appreciate a possible update or fix to make ps5 players experience more stable. I have Ninja Gaiden ryu as my avatar and I've noticed that before inviting or having someone join a players party their avatar is visible. It is only after another person joins do both players avatar go to the default KF2 avatar
I have a dinosaur avatar from Playstation and I contacted PS5 help and tried everything they suggested to fix this problem and nothing worked. I have friends that are having the same issue. I have spent quite a bit on dlcs and was going to buy the Cosmetic bundle, but if I can't play online whats the point. Please address this issue or I'm going to have to get a refund. Very dissatisfied. I bought this game in 2018 and have loved playing it. Please look into this. Thank you

Upvote 0
I
I think I identified a common factor. Every time we load into the new map Castle Volter the game crashes.

I can confirm this. People get disconnected if I start a game on Castle Volter or the game crashes when I connect to it.

I notice that during an event, people usually pick the new map. This is the first event I saw where people were playing on old maps and I suspect they were doing so because they can't play multiplayer on the new map.

The game even crashed when I tried to do solo Endless in Castle Volter after I got killed.

Reactions: TheJokerMyers
Upvote 0
I have a dinosaur avatar from Playstation and I contacted PS5 help and tried everything they suggested to fix this problem and nothing worked. I have friends that are having the same issue. I have spent quite a bit on dlcs and was going to buy the Cosmetic bundle, but if I can't play online whats the point. Please address this issue or I'm going to have to get a refund. Very dissatisfied. I bought this game in 2018 and have loved playing it. Please look into this. Thank you
The crashing issue happens on any map when I try to play multi player. This haas been going on for 2 monthes now , so it isn't the new update. Some of my online friends are also having the same problem. Please address this obvious problem.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Just made an account explicitly to post here, CHANGE YOUR PSN AVATAR. FIXED ISSUES IMMEDIATELY. SOMEONE PLEASE GWT THE DEVS ON THIS
I need to try again on this... There were a couple months earlier this year where it was occasionally working without me changing my avatar. Back in February or so I did change it, but right now I'm using a Returnal avatar which I suspect isn't from a default set.

PS4 I used a lemmings which I knew was a default, but I don't actually know what avatars were pack ins when PS5 first released as I got it over a year late. Any franchise suggestions?

Upvote 0
Just made an account explicitly to post here, CHANGE YOUR PSN AVATAR. FIXED ISSUES IMMEDIATELY. SOMEONE PLEASE GWT THE DEVS ON THIS
Although this a solution for the crashing problem currently, however it is not guaranteed it will fix the avatar issue on the first try. Sometimes it takes several avatar changes and/or closing the game and reopening it until you no longer see the default kf2 avatar.
I need to try again on this... There were a couple months earlier this year where it was occasionally working without me changing my avatar. Back in February or so I did change it, but right now I'm using a Returnal avatar which I suspect isn't from a default set.

PS4 I used a lemmings which I knew was a default, but I don't actually know what avatars were pack ins when PS5 first released as I got it over a year late. Any franchise suggestions?
Far as I know, as long as the avatar isn’t a premium one meaning it was not purchased or acquired as some pre-order bonus or other means, then the basic avatars should be fine. As mentioned before, you may have to keep closing and reopening the game even if you have the basic avatars, until you no longer see the default kf2 logo. I will say I do suspect the headshot effects may play a role in the crashing issue since when I disable them the game does not crash as much when it is enabled.

Upvote 0
Thank you for the reports about the PSN avatar issue still continuing. We had hoped that a change in this build would address the issue, but it now looks like more work needs to be done.
No work is being done. This issue has been occurring for almost a year and has been getting worse with each update. They just hope with the release of kf 3 the problem goes away so they don't need to fix it

Upvote 0
Its so strange that some people can't play any matches at all. The only time the game crashes for me is when we go on the new map Castle Volter. It plays fine on every other map. So I just avoid the new one.
Do you ever notice people randomly "dying/leaving" midgame? Especially multiple people at once in full games. It is weird how it isn't everybody but none of my friends play on ps anymore cause it's been happening all year. I check back every now and then after update. I've tested on ps4, ps4, different ps accounts paying for a brand new one for a month after completely reinstalling the game starting over at level 0 everything.

Upvote 0
Do you ever notice people randomly "dying/leaving" midgame? Especially multiple people at once in full games. It is weird how it isn't everybody but none of my friends play on ps anymore cause it's been happening all year. I check back every now and then after update. I've tested on ps4, ps4, different ps accounts paying for a brand new one for a month after completely reinstalling the game starting over at level 0 everything.
Rarely have people dying or leaving mid game. I'm on PS5. I don't know if its more severe on PS4 compared to PS5. You'd think by now the problem would have been identified and sorted out.

Upvote 0