• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Game crashes when joining a match with players on Playstation

Any news/updates on the progress of this fix. My friends and I are really wanting to grind out the levels for our classes.
Unfortunately as of writing this the issue persists, and the only you can play without crashing is through solo. There is a chance of playing online if there is less than 3 players based on my recent experiences, but once more players join it is almost certain the game will crash.

Unfortunately as of writing this the issue persists, and the only you can play without crashing is through solo. There is a chance of playing online if there is less than 3 players based on my recent experiences, but once more players join it is almost certain the game will crash.
Me and another friend had this happen twice last week. It's ok for me now though idk how or why it went away. I crashed 4 times in a row trying to join a friend's game. My friend also couldn't join any matches I was in unless I specifically sent them an invite. They kept crashing as soon as their name popped up on screen after joining.

Reactions: deathdroid44
Me and another friend had this happen twice last week. It's ok for me now though idk how or why it went away. I crashed 4 times in a row trying to join a friend's game. My friend also couldn't join any matches I was in unless I specifically sent them an invite. They kept crashing as soon as their name popped up on screen after joining.
What PSN icon do they use and what PSN icon do you use?

Upvote 0
The team is still investigating this. Something that we would love to know is what PlayStation Profile images everybody in the party is using are. If everybody who is impacted by this could share that with us it may be very helpful.
Since Playstation can display two profile images one for close-friends and the other for regular players to see. Are you asking what avatar we display on the game? If so, its the premium Rengoku avatar from the Demon Slayer game.

Reactions: deathdroid44
Since Playstation can display two profile images one for close-friends and the other for regular players to see. Are you asking what avatar we display on the game? If so, its the premium Rengoku avatar from the Demon Slayer game.
Mostly if you are the one crashing, it is the one your friends have when you connect to them.

Upvote 0
The team is still investigating this. Something that we would love to know is what PlayStation Profile images everybody in the party is using are. If everybody who is impacted by this could share that with us it may be very helpful.
So my profile is using the regular Bowling Ball profile pic while my friends are using the Watermelon and Marlon from Generation of Chaos: Pandora's Reflection profile pics. we all have tried numerous times of each other hosting and joining. Cant even play with 1 other person let alone 2.

Upvote 0
Hello, I posted this on Reddit for killing floor, but I thought it would be more helpful here. A friend of mine is having issues and they started around the 17th if I'm not mistaken, but maybe longer because I remember he said he played one night, about 3-4 weeks ago, and it also crashed.

He gets in a game, plays maybe 1-2 rounds, and then the game starts to stutter (fps drop), freezes, and then finally crashes. We've tried it around 6 or 7 times and the same results. We also tried it without me at the party a few times and it continues.

I found this post earlier after doing some searching, we noticed the other day that his avatar was glitching. He switched it out to a different one and we were able to play two matches with no crashes.

He was using "Sad White Mask Avatar", which is funny because he's had it for years, but for some reason, I can't seem to find it in the ps4 store anymore.

So I was thinking maybe this issue has to do with discontinued avatars in the store? I've attached the avatar he uses.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    19.3 KB · Views: 1
Upvote 0
Hello, I posted this on Reddit for killing floor, but I thought it would be more helpful here. A friend of mine is having issues and they started around the 17th if I'm not mistaken, but maybe longer because I remember he said he played one night, about 3-4 weeks ago, and it also crashed.

He gets in a game, plays maybe 1-2 rounds, and then the game starts to stutter (fps drop), freezes, and then finally crashes. We've tried it around 6 or 7 times and the same results. We also tried it without me at the party a few times and it continues.

I found this post earlier after doing some searching, we noticed the other day that his avatar was glitching. He switched it out to a different one and we were able to play two matches with no crashes.

He was using "Sad White Mask Avatar", which is funny because he's had it for years, but for some reason, I can't seem to find it in the ps4 store anymore.

So I was thinking maybe this issue has to do with discontinued avatars in the store? I've attached the avatar he uses.
Thank you for this information!

Upvote 0
Ps5 player here using a default PlayStation avatar, confirming that Solo works fine and creating a new server works only until other players try to join when it crashes. I've recreated the crash about a dozen times when joining other servers. Have not been able to play online for about a month now or longer. I've tried a full uninstall, tried using default characters with only default gear. It looks like the crash happens around the time that joining a server usually bottlenecks, loading in every player/perk lvl, everyone's avatar, and everyone's cosmetic loadout.

Upvote 0