• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Game crashes in the middle of a match

Category: Code or graphical error (I think)

Reproducibility: The last 3-4 matches attempted in one day, have also had issues the previous few days with crashes similar but didn't dig into them.

Summary: All servers were set to -Normal-survival-10 rounds-
For the most recent crashes: Playing on the new Dystopia 2029 Map for the last 3-4 matches and have been crashing to desktop after screen goes blank while in the middle of a round. For the crashes on other days this past week: Playing on various maps in the middle of a round but the crashes felt slightly different.

Description: After joining tripwire official servers on the Dystopia 2029 map, I start to play each match and everything goes like normal until as stated above the screen goes full black (including my second monitor that is not displaying the game at all.) And then it completely crashes to desktop or freezes which after holding Ctrl+Alt+Del and bringing up the task manager seems to force the crash. Matches were played as: Sharpshooter where crashes happened with base weapon or the battle rifle and base in backpack, Commando I had the Stoner LMG in hand with SCAR in backpack (or the other way around). Some crashes were at round 3/4 others at 5/6.

The first 2 crashes were done with custom settings but all the most recent ones were done at preset Medium setting, though that didn't seems to change anything.

The other previous matches over a few days would happen much the same but not for all matches. All matches were on Official servers. There were times where my second monitor would seem to freeze instead of going black. One time I was playing a you-tube video that seemed to lag and then freeze until Crtl+Alt+Del.
For those matches I would also rejoin as I was playing with friends and wanted to finish the match which would happen. Classes played were Support, Firebug and Berserker.
The Firebug crash was in the Santa's Warehouse map.

All matches were done with the same custom settings as the ones noted above.

Online/Offline: All online

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    80.2 KB · Views: 1
  • KillingFloor 2 Logs 3.23.21.zip
    911.4 KB · Views: 2
  • KillingFloor 2 Logs 3.20.21-3.22.21.zip
    861.7 KB · Views: 1
Can you try clean config files to see if that helps here? Right now we aren't tracking an increase in PC related instability but are investigation reports from some Xbox players (however this report seems similar to theirs).

If I am correct, your recommendation entailed deleting the config folder and letting the game make a new one. The game crashed on startup but when I tried to start up again it booted up fine. I tried to play another match on Dystopia 2029, sadly I didn't even get to start a round before crashing, I pretty much crashed as soon as a round started.

I tried playing Medic and I think it was between rounds 3/4. The attachment has the logs of both of these crashes.

Attachments

• KillingFloor 2 Crash Log 3-24-21.zip
    281.3 KB · Views: 1
Upvote 0
Just did a full reinstall and tried to play on another map (Bioticslab). Same as before, after about 3/4 rounds in the screen went grey and froze . Had to Ctrl+Alt+Del my way out to force the crash, my second monitor didn't grey out this time. I will not attempt anything else for some time or until I get another suggestion. My graphics drivers are up to date.

Attachments

• KillingFloor 2 logs.zip
    184.5 KB · Views: 1
Upvote 0