• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Crash] Game crashes after It worked great for a few hours

Bigs

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 2, 2024
Hey,
Started playing a week ago RO2/RS everything worked great of a few days, gameplay was smooth then in the 4 hours mark on steam suddenly in the middle of pacific campaign the game crashed, I tried to join again for a few times every time the game will launch and I'll get into a server and then when I joined a team the game crashed again, now every time I launch and try to play it will either crash on team join or after joining a team and playing for about 2 minutes.

Things I tried:
-Update Punkbuster
-Reinstall
-Delete RO2 Folder in "mygames"
-Changed ingame settings.
-Changed Radeon settings

I posted the Dump file from today.

Attachments

• cc55c9e8-fa50-47a3-81ab-122450c160cf.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 1
We aren't able to help you decipher a .dmp file, but the launch.log may (or may not) have useful information that we can read.

The most common case in things like this is corrupt settings and deleting the mydocs/ro 2 folder is the most common fix as the game should generate new ones on the next launch. You may want to verify the game cache in Steam as well after doing so.

Upvote 0
We aren't able to help you decipher a .dmp file, but the launch.log may (or may not) have useful information that we can read.

The most common case in things like this is corrupt settings and deleting the mydocs/ro 2 folder is the most common fix as the game should generate new ones on the next launch. You may want to verify the game cache in Steam as well after doing so.
Did what you said, deleted the RO2 Folder from "my documents" and then verified the game with steam, I joined a game and the moment I spawned I got a crash.

Attached Launch.log

Attachments

• Launch.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 2
Upvote 0
The log seems to indicate a corrupt package/particle. You may want to try moving the game to a different location on your drive.
Uninstalled the game from Drive E, also deleted the doc folder and installed in a new location under Drive D, still crashed on team select.

well...for the final time I guess can you check this log file?
don't think the game will work again on this computer :(

Attachments

• Launch-02.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 1
Upvote 0