• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Game crash with message

I've been playing Killing Floor since release and I've had no real problems until recently. Now almost everytime I play I get this message.

Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2213 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT (9745)

General protection fault!

History: UD3D9RenderDevice::Unlock <- UViewport::Unlock <- UWindowsViewport::Unlock <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level KF-Farm <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Any help is much appreciated.

I have a verified way that I can cause this error. Maybe this may help you try to eliminate it althogh since u say you have reinstalled then exact reason has to be different than mine.

Anyways, under steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor\system\

there is file called killingfloor.ini

Open this with notepad and look for section: [Engine.GameEngine]

Right under that line there is:
CacheSizeMegs=32 (default I believe), now on my older PC I used to use value as high as 512 or 256 and game ran fine, but on my new machine any value above 32 will cause that same crash and error you get few minutes after running game. So I end up leaving it at 32. Now in your case if its 32 and you get crash try rising that value to 128 or 256 and see if game still crashes after few min. My new PC is quite high end but I do run without page file in windows, whatever worth that info is for. Make sure you also dont use some weird paged file settings in windows.

Upvote 0