• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Game already ruined by cheaters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't people read before they post?

I wasn't owned, I'm simply stating that there's cheats out there that will be released to the mass market soon.

If they aren't already, the devs need to jump all over this before it becomes a big problem.

Cheating ruined bad company (which wasnt the best anyway, but that just finished it), going to be quite disappointing if they ruin RO2 as well.

And any cheat coder with two braincells will get around VAC and PB quite easily.

It's also not the moron with 100 kills laughing at everyone that you need to worry about, it's the clever cheater who uses his bot sparingly.

Not for long. HelioS is the only one with a clean record of no VAC detection for several years. However, HelioS has huge issues with Punkbuster. Which comes in handy in our case, since we can have BOTH on Red Orchestra.

It is very annoying when people come and complain about "hacks" already being out, you must understand that developing a hack on an engine that is years and years old isnt "hard". The difference between a unreal 3 hack, and RO2 hack isnt that big due to the use of the same engine. This is why hacks are out that fast.

But just as i said, Punkbuster is not working in the Beta, VAC should be. Both of them require personal updating in order to catch hacks offset and pointers, this is a fulltime job that takes a lot of time. The game developers has no part in detecting these hacks(maybe to an extend) which is why the contract themselfs with Punkbuster, VAC or Gameguard etc.

Upvote 0
Well we just have too accept it for now untill the game is released.
It is sad that people cant accept to loose a round/game.

cus they think it is a game all about scores.
I think there are too many newbies screwing things up, and we can't take action against it. :(

Hopefully vac and PB will be doing its job on september the 13th

Upvote 0
Food for thought-

TWI updates Killing Floor frequently, and I seem to remember quite a few updates for RO:OST as well. With this history in mind, it would not surprise me if they frequently write out the cheats periodically.

Till then, as stated before, either become an admin or befriend the ones who moderate the servers you frequent most. We've seen already, via COD and Bad Company, that VAC and PB leave a lot to be desired. The best cure for hackers is an active admin.

Upvote 0
Yeah, as if the cheating morons won't find it anyway, right?

People will surely see this thread and think 'woah, cheating? that's a good idea!'.

/sarcasm :rolleyes:

I'm making this thread since no one else has, and this is an issue that I'm sure the RO community will want to see addressed far more than anything else.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=59304&highlight=cheat

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=59104&highlight=cheat

Yep, no other threads. The first one was posted 40 minutes before yours and was just a few threads down.

Good looking out for the community, but PLEASE make sure you do a search first on any bugs, issues etc etc first.
Consolidating all info into 1 thread helps out tremendously.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: evulclown
Upvote 0
Reactions: evulclown
Upvote 0
Would it be possible to deactivate someone's game key permanently if they got caught cheating?

We need the harshest possible punishments for them.

That is essentially what both Punkbuster and VAC does. Your game client has a unique identifier for Punkbuster, this is always the same. If you are banned you wont ever be able to join a punkbuster enabled server.

VAC just bans the game from your steam account(a sort of identifier aswell) as it denies the use of VAC secured servers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well we just have too accept it for now untill the game is released.
It is sad that people cant accept to loose a round/game.

cus they think it is a game all about scores.
I think there are too many newbies screwing things up, and we can't take action against it. :(

Hopefully vac and PB will be doing its job on september the 13th

Ofcourse we can. If we see a cheater in a map, everybode must leave the map then.

Upvote 0
Personally, I think VAC is okay. It doesn;t ban as fast as some people would like, but I understand that. Valve can;t really ban people from games they've paid for, on their first infraction.

Actually, Valve has zero tolerance for cheating. If VAC gets you, that's it; there really needs to be a noticeable flaw within VAC to get your ban lifted. It doesn't matter why your account got flagged, if it was the first time or if someone else cheated using your account, it is the owner's responsibility to keep their account safe and secure. I know it's pretty harsh, but then again, cheating does ruin the game for everyone else.

The bans are delayed to keep the cheaters guessing as they won't immediately know that their cheats have been detected, which might lead to the spread of said cheat and gets all the players who used it banned later.

Upvote 0
I'm making this thread since no one else has, and this is an issue that I'm sure the RO community will want to see addressed far more than anything else.

I've seen at least 4 or 5 threads with "hurrdurr game is gonna fail cus there already are cheats, i've never played a online game before this cant be normal", everyone knows there are cheats, every game has cheats, ro2 will always have cheats, theres very little anyone can do about it,is that too hard to understand ? Just find a server with good admins streaming pbbans and stop making such a drama about it, all you are doing with these threads is giving ppl that make the cheats attention, especially people that post links without realising all they are doing is advertising cheats

Dont get me wrong, i freaking hate cheaters, but its not as simple as you want it to be, dont expect TWI to do some magic trick and get rid of all cheats, they will always exist, you just have to accept that and stay away from servers that dont actively ban cheaters.

Upvote 0
Spotting an aimbot isn't hard its obvious to anyone if someone uses is, only a smart hacker would be hard to spot. Are you sure you're not getting owned by good players?

I think i had about 80 kills last night after TE apartments, and in one round on Countdown @ fallen fighters i probably popped 6 enemy soldiers within the first 20 sec. (uh yeh the countdown spawns need to be reworked)

Stop saying "Are you sure your not getting owned by good players?" to everyone who says they've seen these hacks. I've seen the video on youtube so I'm not just "Getting owned by good players". If I was allowed to I would send you the video but as the video shows you how to download and use the hack I'm not allowed.

Upvote 0
I've seen at least 4 or 5 threads with "hurrdurr game is gonna fail cus there already are cheats, i've never played a online game before this cant be normal", everyone knows there are cheats, every game has cheats, ro2 will always have cheats, theres very little anyone can do about it,is that too hard to understand ? Just find a server with good admins streaming pbbans and stop making such a drama about it, all you are doing with these threads is giving ppl that make the cheats attention, especially people that post links without realising all they are doing is advertising cheats

Dont get me wrong, i freaking hate cheaters, but its not as simple as you want it to be, dont expect TWI to do some magic trick and get rid of all cheats, they will always exist, you just have to accept that and stay away from servers that dont actively ban cheaters.

It was already said in this thread that PB and VAC aren't implemented into the beta yet. The point of these threads is to get Tripwire to do as much as they can to stop any hacking they can. Of course they can't completely eliminate hackers but they can at least attempt to implement PB and VAC into the beta. If not it is going to be a long two weeks for anyone actually wanting to play the game.

Upvote 0
Don't worry too much about it. A strong community is the best defense against cheaters.

In my good ol' days of playing Day of Defeat the whole server would have a laughing fit as we caught cheaters and banned them. This was as PB was just coming into its' own and we would have big glowing letters identifying them right before they were kicked.

That was Half Life, but still, a good community can deal with hackers easily.

Upvote 0
I also have been suspicous of aim bots etc etc....not fun...especially the way the maps have been designed as well....no real move to contact...no real flanking...no real thought needed....then throw in aim bots and it's no fun at all.

So far I'm disapointed with RO2...RO was special...the map designs where excellent for tactical movement...oh and why replicate the Danzig map but make it less fun to play.

Whoops sorry going off topic here....it's just cheating on top of all this doesn't make me a happy camper...oh and talking about camping...

Hopefully once the modders get to work on new maps and the anti cheat system come sinto play and othe rbugs are ironed out it will get there....but with compition like Iron Front on the way RO2 could be in trouble.

Upvote 0
There is a positive side to cheating (strange i know)
It means that this game is gonna be BIG !!!
Or else why bother to make a cheat.
I have seen how pbbans work with other games and am confident that the cheaters will get banned in the end.
no need to panic - it just means RO2 is popular.
imo.

Upvote 0
[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=59304&highlight=cheat[/URL]

[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=59104&highlight=cheat[/URL]

Yep, no other threads. The first one was posted 40 minutes before yours and was just a few threads down.

Good looking out for the community, but PLEASE make sure you do a search first on any bugs, issues etc etc first.
Consolidating all info into 1 thread helps out tremendously.

Thanks.

People like you really fancy your selves as forum admins, your not, get over it...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.