• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Game 2 is gonna have to be one hell of a game

There's more to life than RO and there's more to gaming than RO. If TWI says they're working on it, then let them. In the meantime, I'm busying myself with something else, coming back from time to time. I can wait, I'm a patient man. Look, when HoI3 was announced it seemed like an eternity to wait, and here we are, what - two (or longer?) months after the initial announcement.

I'm confident that eventually Game 2 will grow ripe enough to be announced. Should TWI go bust before that, the seeds of realism dissent have been sown. Some company in the future will take up the mantle. It's inevitable.

Upvote 0
John and the boys are working hard (and on some great stuff). Just be patient and give them time. When TWI has something to show you guys will be the first to know about it (yes there is content that could be shown but TWI has decided it is not yet the right time to start building up hype).

Shh...secret early screenshot of a low-poly avatars--don't pass it around:

Tunnel_walking_07-775557.jpg

cat+chick.jpg

Upvote 0
John and the boys are working hard (and on some great stuff). Just be patient and give them time. When TWI has something to show you guys will be the first to know about it (yes there is content that could be shown but TWI has decided it is not yet the right time to start building up hype).
Release 1 or a few screenshots. They can even be blurred or shopped for artistic effect or morphed into a pseudo artist rendering. Give people something to chew on and keep them going. I know I'm not going to commit suicide if what I see in a screenshot doesn't make it in game.

Also not that anyone probably cares about my opinion but I'd really be happy if the game supports duel core properly. Use the technology that's been out for quite a while now. That's twice the processing power! Lastly I hope that "teamwork" is as solidified as can be in game 2 because that is ROs fatal flaw IMO. RO right now works when (if) there are skilled players playing. Then teamwork is natural or at the least you have a bunch of elite mercs doing battle which is akin to a quality gaming experience. If not (the most common scenario in pub play) you get TDM R-tard edition.

You cannot expect ANY teamwork from players. Assume that everybody is in it for themselves and build the features to counteract that tendency and promote cohesiveness wherever possible. Game 2 needs easily navigatable waypoint markers (if th game is to be similar to RO) that show up on map & in 1st perspective ala bf2 (project reality to be more precise). Don't bank on everybody having a mic or wanting to use one to communicate information that could realistically be communicated in the game scenario.

To me it seems like a conscious effort has been made either through omission or by design to leave players on their own. While this is fine for me and other hardcore types, casual players will be, have been, and are put off by having to put in too much "work". Sad but true. You can't change players for the most part. Only plan around them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Release 1 or a few screenshots. They can even be blurred or shopped for artistic effect or morphed into a pseudo artist rendering. Give people something to chew on and keep them going. I know I'm not going to commit suicide if what I see in a screenshot doesn't make it in game.

Also not that anyone probably cares about my opinion but I'd really be happy if the game supports duel core properly. Use the technology that's been out for quite a while now. That's twice the processing power! Lastly I hope that "teamwork" is as solidified as can be in game 2 because that is ROs fatal flaw IMO. RO right now works when (if) there are skilled players playing. Then teamwork is natural or at the least you have a bunch of elite mercs doing battle which is akin to a quality gaming experience. If not (the most common scenario in pub play) you get TDM R-tard edition.

You cannot expect ANY teamwork from players. Assume that everybody is in it for themselves and build the features to counteract that tendency and promote cohesiveness wherever possible. Game 2 needs easily navigatable waypoint markers (if th game is to be similar to RO) that show up on map & in 1st perspective ala bf2 (project reality to be more precise). Don't bank on everybody having a mic or wanting to use one to communicate information that could realistically be communicated in the game scenario.

To me it seems like a conscious effort has been made either through omission or by design to leave players on their own. While this is fine for me and other hardcore types, casual players will be, have been, and are put off by having to put in too much "work". Sad but true. You can't change players for the most part. Only plan around them.

The level of teamwork or aparent teamwork in a public server in RO right now is very good compared to most games, there are some assholes, that is true, and people who dont care about dying, but you can't do anything about those

about what they want to show or not, I guess they prefer to release a lot of good material close to the release date, to start with a very sudden strong hype that does not decrease with time.

I can't understand is why they don't say what the game is gonna be about (ww2, ww3, etc...), my only guess is that is not gonna be RO2, and they are waiting to have good stuf first so we don't get disappointed.

Upvote 0

Great to hear they're still around, I guess. But what's the holdup? When is the right time to build up a hype? I don't even need screenshots or anything but a few basic infos would really be appreciated.

We know it's a tactical FPS.
But what's the setting and era? What's the approach, is it going to be even more realistic than RO, or did they go the "playability" road?

Upvote 0
I am not privy to TWI's plans anymore nor am I their public spokesperson. I can only tell you what I know that isn't covered by NDA's and my financial future :) But I'm sure TWI has plans in place or is making them to get the ball rolling.

The first announcement of the game is some great marketing property. Last time around it got us front page coverage on PC Gamer for the exclusive announcement. Once the info starts rolling out there I'm sure it will come alot more freely.

Upvote 0
"Insert perhaps pointless opinion"

I am hoping it is red orchestra like gameplay as of Capping, shooting, health and so on...

1950s to 1980s random European wars as of maps with pre-set vehicles and planes...
64 players, some short campaign to make some people happy yet exceptional multiplayer.

The engine is gold, the coders here we all love have skill, I hope to see a nice successful game.

(added)
Multi core support is obviously a must... Single core cpus aren't even being made anymore... it's all AthlonX2, Phenom tri or Quad, Core2 And QCore... hell PentiumD is now looked at as a pretty good Office workstation...

By the time the game is released... I am thinking AMD will have (finally) released a new CPU Socket with minimum Quad Cores...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hrmmm, im wondering if the development team dosent read this thread in their spare time for ****s and giggles, "so thats what they think its gonna be, hah the jokes on them!".

Well i figure this topic has been all over the place, and a cool way to continue this romp all over the possible wars would be for somone to spit out a date plus or minus 20-40 years, the game will be set in that time period, then the whole lot of us morons with nothing to do can sit here and jabber over which of the many wars in that time period that it was....:D

Upvote 0
I hope TWI gives us enough time to give them feedback about their new game for new features/gameplay changes before it's too late.

At least they should recruit some RO veterans(look up: ROLadder) as testers to involve in the development. Some guys over there have put more than 1000 hours into the game which is more than enough to tell them what can be improved or what is needed as new features. It'd be sad to see them to miss this opportunity.

Of course, this is if the "Game 2" is something even remotely like RO :)

Upvote 0
Personally speaking, I'd love to see 100 player support like in Joint Ops (never played that one though :/ ); of course, for that to be feasible and feel not crowded, you'd need much larger maps, think Berezina and Elnya x2. A spawn system like in BF (minus spawning on squad leaders) would be nice, so you could choose where to spawn. The BF squad system would also be nice, especially if it was made so that it's easily moddable so modders could make squads as big as they want to. Thinking that 9 or 10 would be good for a default squad size number.

Your thoughts?

Upvote 0