• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] Gain field promotion at start of map, miss first spawn

Tummel

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 12, 2011
Happened 4 times during last two days. Not the first times for me, but I think I've nailed it down to particular conditions.

When map starts, you gain field promotion before round begins. If you accept it, you'll miss the initial spawn wave. You won't see the countdown timer towards 1st spawn and won't see your comrades waiting in formation. Instead, you'll see map from above as one would see when joining a server when a round is underway.

After the initial spawn wave is done, you'll be spawned at the next spawn wave, e.g. 15 seconds after the initial spawn wave. You won't miss that next spawn wave nor do you need to re-select your slot.

Have played on TE maps only, always as allied MG.

EDIT: If you decline field promotion at start of map, you won't miss 1st spawn.

Last edited:
Reactions: lods of emone
Ooooh search worked!

I've been having this same issue lately. I don't recall seeing a field promotion box every time, but it's entirely possible I was just breezing through without realizing it.

I'm usually first on the server to load up and be in-game. It's like I'm stuck in spectator mode. Is that what's happening to you folks?

Thank you for the workaround Tummel and Gudenrath. I'll see if that helps in the future :)

Upvote 0