• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

G41 Scoped

Yeah the scope seems off like it doesn't point where you are actually aiming, I think the scope needs to be seeing a little higher? something is definitely off with it. It's very hard to use

Exactly!

The scope is very small, and you have to NOT aim where you want to shot :D My brain can't do this :p

This scope is really useless with that problem :/

Reactions: Paajtor
Upvote 0
Agree on the Mkb, but the G41 is another thing. Its not overpowered and the scoped one is a marksman option.

Not overpowered my ***. As a weapon it had more flaws than this game has glitches and bugs and barely saw action, especially not at Stalingrad, except maybe a handful out of around 300,000 Germans and their allies, which really ought to limit it to only 1 on the German team, if at all.

Yet this is not at all reflected in this so called realistic game. Both teams can field many semi automatic rifles, and they're easy mode for whoever gets them. As powerful as a bolt action, as accurate, same range and you can let off all 10 rounds in 1 second.

Upvote 0
[url]http://steamcommunity.com/id/kenzast/screenshot/560921086950128096?tab=public[/URL]

A better screen as to how the G41 is screwed up^ Look at the black line that runs along the wall and where it is in the scope.

I'm sure it has to do with RO not actually modelling the two different firing angles (scoped and ironsights) and just giving you the scoped image as if you're aiming down the sights themselves.

It'd probably be pretty difficult development-wise to make the scope's image truly independent of the rifle's aiming while also giving players the ability to swap between IS and scoped views.

Upvote 0
It probably only seems that way because the sights for the MKb are so much closer to the scope.

If that's the case, then something needs to be changed because the MKb is better suited for a sniper role than the G41 is at the moment.

...oh god, I just starting imagining whole assault squads equipped with this loadout.

so. much. crying.

Reactions: Colt .45 killer
Upvote 0
I don't care for that sight at all. IME, it's counterintuitive & slow, as if you sight on straight at something with the scope, you're way low and have to "search out" the target by moving the rife upwards. For all I know that may be a realistic feature of the sight ... I have no idea. It's not an "upgrade" to me, though, because it makes your iron sights worthless, too, unless you're firing at stationary targest 100m away who don't see you and don't fire back.

Upvote 0
If that's the case, then something needs to be changed because the MKb is better suited for a sniper role than the G41 is at the moment.

...oh god, I just starting imagining whole assault squads equipped with this loadout.

so. much. crying.

Actually, I think they would be less accurate. :D the little sights are, IMO, extremely annoying and hard to use.

Upvote 0
God almighty... not only are these 2 weapons ridiculously overpowered and really shouldn't be in the game at all, or at best limited to 1 per team, now you're telling me there's scopes for them too?

FFS, hurry up BF3.

If anything, these useless scopes just handicap the weapons. I hate them, can't hit jack ****, will never use them again.

Reactions: Tweek and Vegard
Upvote 0
Yep, the G41's ZF41 scope ingame is not aligned with your line of sight as it should be, which is a clear bug, where'as the Mkb's is correctly modelled. But don't worry guys, this will be solved, you can be sure of this.

As for being able to take these scopes off, I am also really hoping this ability will be implemented soon, that along with making bayonets detach & attachable will significantly increase the longevity of the game.

Upvote 0