• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

G41 Scoped

I just tried using the scoped g41 in the german SP campaign and it feels like it's going to take ALOT of getting used to. Where you go to aim and where your aimpoint actually is seem to be completely out. I generally find that I'm aiming well below my target's legs even out past 50-75m for some reason. Maybe that will fix itself with experience, maybe it's a bug with the gun I dunno yet.

Upvote 0
I'm liking it; reminds me of using a twin lens reflex camera for the first time. Your brain fights against it at first, but eventually retrains itself so that using it becomes instinctual.
In this case you look through the viewfinder at a significantly different height and angle to that of the lense. This is an entirely different thing where you're looking through a scope that's pointing slightly downwards to correct the mismatch between scope height and barrel height.

I know you're not comparing it directly, but I don't get why people try to defend it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is an entirely different thing where you're looking through a scope that's pointing slightly downwards to correct the mismatch between scope height and barrel height.

I don't get why people try to defend it.

All optics that don't co-witness the irons do that. How else would it work when you have Height Over Bore above the level of the iron sights?

Upvote 0
All optics that don't co-witness the irons do that. How else would it work when you have Height Over Bore above the level of the iron sights?

Exactly, but this is obviously the reason why they put it in the game assuming it's not a bug. The height and location would in fact compound the issue somewhat but we're arguing the same thing here. There shouldn't be a mismatch.

I think you misunderstood my post.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, one other good thing about this gun that makes it far superior to the kar98 is the rate of fire. :)

Was just playing a bit, and I saw 3 enemy dudes running around the map (at far ranges), and I managed to pop 2 of their heads off, before the third managed to find cover. No way I could have done that with the standard rifle, simple because of the reload/bolting time.

Fun times. I might make it my personal mission to 'specialize' in this gun :) That is once I re-unlock it ... (I think the 1-day DDE guns are running out soon)

Upvote 0
Exactly, but this is obviously the reason why they put it in the game assuming it's not a bug. The height and location would in fact compound the issue somewhat but we're arguing the same thing here. There shouldn't be a mismatch.

I think you misunderstood my post.

I haven't tried it in-game, I guess I don't know what the problem is. I guess it would depend on the range @ which the optic is zeroed?

ETA: Given the height of the optic, and the lack of a riser, you'd have trouble with cheek-weld. I have only used a ZF41 on a K98, but that was a bit of an issue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I haven't tried it in-game, I guess I don't know what the problem is. I guess it would depend on the range @ which the optic is zeroed?

ETA: Given the height of the optic, and the lack of a riser, you'd have trouble with cheek-weld. I have only used a ZF41 on a K98, but that was a bit of an issue.

You can see the issue in the pic provided by Skullman:
[URL]http://steamcommunity.com/id/skullman86/screenshot/594696902007398213?tab=public[/URL]

No cheek weld issues in-game obviously. I think zeroing is handled by the reticle moving, and it's definitely not zeroed below 100m anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Atomic
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
this gun's scope has a major problem - the sight picture is that of the center of the screen while the sight itself is resting well above it.

Basically this is impossible since it insinuates that the picture is somehow being mirrored from another location.

If the sight was resting properly in the center of the screen, or showed picture directly ahead of it, then it would atleast work properly.

Currently at the moment i always have to zoom in, and then move my scope up a considerable degree before i can even see my target, which is extremely disorienting. No other sight needs this to be done, since when you aim down them they are all proplerly centered in the middle of the screen.
:is2::is2::is2::is2:

Upvote 0
ahh the zf-41. Long eye relief, low light transfer, and 1.5X magnification.

Might as well learn to use the bolt action.

Well, according to the profile stats page there is a 4x unlock. Assuming this was modeled correctly, and it really is only 1.5x, maybe the 4x is a real scope (SVT unlock is 6x IIRC).

Just gotta get a bazillion kills...shouldn't be too hard :rolleyes:

Seeing as we have plenty of devs around, could we please have an official statement on this matter? It has been brought up in several threads.

agreed

Last edited:
Upvote 0