• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

G41 questions/comments

G41 was produced on the order of 100,000s g43 was produced on a scale of 400,000 comparatively.

Bad crim :mad: he is correct, it was a rare weapon. There should definately be more mg34/42s and even sniper rifles than g41s. And ffs it should not be a better weapon than the g43! The weapon should appear on the order of maybe 1 per map from 1942-early 1943 and then after that it being replaced by g43s. 1941 saw hardly any produced, 1942 had the peak of it's production, then it was phased out in 1943 when the germans redesigned the 41 to use a gas-operation comparable to the soviet rifles (hence the g43.)

Then again, my opinion is that the g41 shouldn't even be in the game at all due to it's scarcity. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Make a G41 sniper option, let the non-sniper G41 attatch a bayonette, and make kar Stripper clips compatible. I will be one happy camper.

EDIT: Also make the third person reload animation for the G41 correct, instead of using the G43 one. I don't know if that's a bug, or someone just got lazy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What? We'll see about that. Every class/gun has a weakness.

Two semiautomatic riflemen combined with a 1.33 capture enhanced SL with a G41 and two men armed with MP40/41s. That is enough to hold any point down in SK without the additional riflemen or MGs. Russians should not win the map if the Germans are composed of halfway decent players.

Upvote 0
allthough i like new weapons and additions i would just like to make a slight complaint. When you compare the G41 rifle with any other rifles on RO it seems... too polished? The G41 is just too arcadey in the sense that it doesn't seem to be war worn at all. There are no scratches, grime mud or anything. i'd like to see the rifle redone. Its a bit much to ask but it just doesn't fit in with the other weapons. me and implode were comparing other rifles to it and it just didn't look right next to them. I'd also like the same done to the smoke grenades if possible because they too seem just too polished and perfect to have been used in war.

Upvote 0
Two semiautomatic riflemen combined with a 1.33 capture enhanced SL with a G41 and two men armed with MP40/41s. That is enough to hold any point down in SK without the additional riflemen or MGs. Russians should not win the map if the Germans are composed of halfway decent players.

And if the russians are composed of halfway decent players?
There are hundreds of ways the russians could kill or route the germans from their position, even if they have 3 autos and 2 assault troops. Depending on where they are defending, one drum from a PPSH could kill all of them. The addition of the g41 isn't going to make SK a hell for the reds.

Upvote 0
Let me start by say you guys did a damn good job!!!!!!!! I love this patch. keep up the good work!

Agreed. The new rifle isn't perfect, but it is still very nicely done. A little tweaking and she can be great.

2.There were many sniper variants made

Rommel, I don't mean to come behind you and nitpick everything you say. Sorry that this'll be the second post of that nature in just a couple days. :)

The truth is there really weren't that many sniper variants made. The only scope the rifle was designed to handle was the terrible 1.5x Zf-40 on an equally terrible mount.

In any case, it attached to a truly awkward saddle mount that straddled the rear sight base. Such a location only allowed for a very long eye relief scope that was a very low power.

The Germans had already experimented with this setup on the Zf41 K98k and came to hate it (yet curiously still continued producing it thru 1945). It was realized very early on that the G41's scope setup would never really work as a sniper. It was accurate, but not so much so that it warranted scoping when accurate, easily-scoped K98k's were readily available.

Here are the scope rails on my Berlin Lubecker Maschinenfabrik-produced G41. It is the second latest G41 with scope rails ever recorded.

Here is a scope, mount, and accessories for the G41. Notice how similar the scope is to the lackluster Zf41.

Upvote 0
No problem man. Really I just want to see the Gewehr-41 with a bayonet the sniper variant I just added in there because well we kind of need something to counter the Svt-40 sniperrifle in 1941-1942 maps and I thought I saw a post where someone was agruing that lots of Gewehr-41 sniper variants were made,but I guess the good ol' Karabiner98k should to the trick.:)As for the nitpicking I probably deserve it. I do it all the time with tanks.-:D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
About that 100,000 number... most of those were manufactured after the G43 was introduced. The number manufactured before 1943 was actually in the tens of thousands. So yeah, it was very rare, and when it wasn't rare, everyone was using the G43. I mean, it's cool that there's another gun, the more the better, but don't try to excuse it with numbers.

Upvote 0