• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

FPS drops on GTX 970, i5 4690k

THE_STRUGGLE_IS_FEEL

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 15, 2015
Hi all.

When I play RO2, my FPS typically starts at around 35, then drops to 20 when I start running around, and can get as low as 13 when I encounter enemies and am fired upon. I have tried setting the priority to low in the task manager (apparently that worked for some), and lowering the graphics settings to their lowest, to no avail.

Sometimes, when prone, I can see through the ground. I have also noticed that my computer loads maps very slowly when the server changes maps, and often I am stuck as a rifleman.

I have gigabit internet, and typically my ping is among the lowest of people playing.

I just built this computer about 4 months ago, I wonder if I ****ed it up somehow.

Specs:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Intel i5 4690k

few things you can do. First Give more info on your computer, second when in game type into console (~ key, above tab) stat FPS, and Stat Net. Is this online or offline. Offline costs a lot more power to run due to well...rendering everything.
If you're stuck as riflemen always on Rising Storm Maps, it's because you bought RO2 awhile ago. Going Prone and seeing through the terrain is nothing new, and isn't something you should be worried about. Also with a GTX 970, you should be getting 60 FPS on High at the very least.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here's some more info (let me know if you need more):

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
i5 4690k @ 3.5GHz (4 CPUs)
Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
ASUS VN247H-P 24" Widescreen LED monitor, 60Hz refresh rate, 1ms response time
crucial ballistix sport 8GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800) CL9 Dual Channel (two 4gb sticks)

"If you're stuck as riflemen always on Rising Storm Maps, it's because you bought RO2 awhile ago."

Actually I typically play Red Orchestra maps usually, I don't really play Rising Storm that much. Also, what do you mean by this? I bought it, I think, in January of this year, I'm not sure. How would that effect things?

Thanks for your help!

Upvote 0