• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

FPS Creeping down then crash

jonofmac

May 19, 2010
Hello,
I have a problem that seems to be consistent among 8800 series nvidias. Driver updates have yielded no improvements, and game updates have also not done anything. I've re-installed the game and the OS multiple times and STILL have this problem. I would've thought it to be my computer, but other people I know have this exact problem.

In short: the FPS at the beginning of a new game starts off great (highest settings, with 70+ fps) and eventually creeps down and down until it hovers so low the game becomes a pain to play and it will eventually crash.

My error report is as follows (also, perhaps an update to fix the report bug button would be nice too? Every time I press it, it takes me to a non-existent URL.)

Code:
Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 3000 MHz with 4095MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX (9745)

Assertion failed: SavedStateIndex+1 < MAX_STATESTACKDEPTH [File:.\D3DRenderInterface.cpp] [Line: 160]

History: F3DRenderInterface::PushState <- FActorSceneNode::Render <- UShadowBitmapMaterial::Get <- FD3DRenderInterface::SetProjectorMaterial <- FD3DRenderInterface::SetMaterial <- RenderStaticMesh <- FDynamicActor::Render <- RenderLevel <- KF-WestLondon.myLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level KF-WestLondon <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

I've had this bug since i purchased the game. And while the game doesn't crash as much now, the FPS still sucks and it irritates me to the point where I just don't want to play.

Ok, So I just went and played a game with some friends. This time I started up fraps and let it record the FPS over the course of a game, still with maxed settings. You can see that at the beginning I'm at 80-100 fps and for a little bit I'm well over 100 fps. Then you'll see that slowly, the FPS creeps down and down and down to 17ish (a pain in the *** as a sharp shooter).

The spikes are when I go to the trader, I don't seem to lag there at all.

I think we could call this to be a significant drop in FPS, from 100+ to 17. thats a huge drop.

Any developers or people have any ideas?

Oh, and the numbers on the bottom are seconds passed.

Attachments

• lowFPS.jpg
    lowFPS.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0