• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

FPS Config to Help with Performance Issues

WhyMittens

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
So I made a fps config that will give you better frames per second then just setting the game on low would do. I COULD make it even better but the game starts to look so ****ty I really cant imagine anyone using it. But I DO KNOW there are some people who have the game and just cant play it at all, so to you I give this config. With my current rig I actually got around 220-300 fps using this config, so its proof this game can push high numbers. Enjoy :)

Screenshot
http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff419/quickshot10101/rogame2011-09-2111-23-37-90.jpg

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS *READ* Replace ROEngine file located @ "C:\Users\Rick\Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Config\ROEngine.ini" with the downloaded file.

MAKE A BACKUP of your original File in case something goes wrong!

The resolution is set VERY low and I suggest increasing it to your native res UNLESS your are looking for every frame u can get out of this config.

Enjoy, as I said this is not the tip top best I could do, but was about as far as I was willing to go. If enough demand asks for the best of the best fps config then I will most likely create it. :)

Config File
http://www.fileserve.com/file/akx84gD/ROEngine.ini

http://www.MegaShare.com/3603001

http://www.wupload.com/file/197813681/ROEngine.ini

ADDED* If you want to edit JUST specific textures I.E walls only, guns only, shine only, cars only, players, blah blah blah then edit the corresponding line of the fps config with the corresponding line posted here, these are the ultra settings

TEXTUREGROUP_World=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Linear,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_WorldNormalMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Linear,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_WorldSpecular=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Linear,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_Character=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Linear,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_CharacterNormalMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Linear,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_CharacterSpecular=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Linear,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_Weapon=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Linear,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponNormalMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Linear,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponSpecular=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Linear,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_Vehicle=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Linear,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_VehicleNormalMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Linear,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_VehicleSpecular=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Linear,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_Cinematic=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Linear,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_Effects=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Linear,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_EffectsNotFiltered=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Linear,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_Skybox=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Linear,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_UI=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Linear,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_Lightmap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Linear,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_Shadowmap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Linear,NumStreamedMips=3,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_RenderTarget=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Point,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_MobileFlattened=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Linear,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_ProcBuilding_Face=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Linear,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_ProcBuilding_LightMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Linear,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_Terrain_Heightmap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Linear,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_Terrain_Weightmap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Linear,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

So say u want JUST the guns to look good, but not anything else, just change
TEXTUREGROUP_Weapon=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=4096, LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Linear,MipG enSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponNormalMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODS ize=4096,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Li near,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)
TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponSpecular=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSi ze=4096,LODBias=0,MinMagFilter=Aniso,MipFilter=Lin ear,MipGenSettings=TMGS_SimpleAverage)

There is also as I said the screenpercentage option in the config, u can set it aslow as 50%. It cuts the selected resolution by X%. so say u are running 1920x1080 and have screen% set to 50% then u are actually running 960x540. Its better to just lower the res itself. but u could persay set the game to 800x600 then set screen% to 50%, then the game would be running at 400x300

Hope this helps

COMPUTER SPECS

*Windows 7 - 64 Bit
*Tower: Cooler Master 690
*Processor: Intel Core i5-2500 3.3ghz OC'ed to 4.7ghz
*Ram: 8GB 1600mhz g.skill ripjaws
*Graphics Card: Ati 6850 x2 crossfire
*Mother Board: Asus P8P67
*Power Supply: Antec current gamer 620watt
*Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM

Last edited:
Appreciate the effort, dude.

Unfortunately, my framerates only improved slightly (They only really get bad after I've been running the game for a while. Memory leak?) and when I went to load up a campaign map to do a more official benchmark it crashed every time I loaded one up.

Not sure what's causing it, but I'll stick with my old config file for now.

Upvote 0