• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

fps and stuttering problem !

kvnnnn

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 30, 2015
hey everyone,

I have some issue with my ro2. i have a good config i guess to handle this game also here :

Gtx 970 asus strix
I5 4690 3.50GHz
8 go ram
Windows 10
Monitor 144hz.

all ultra graphic settings my game turn around in storm map to 30-40 fps .. and RO2 map 50-70. For example battlefield 4 with all ultra settings and msaa 4x i'm around 80-120 fps. The second problem is about stuttering effect while i sprint, is like freeze but really quickly unless fps drop .. so i decided to turn all graphic to low and no AA and what happend ? i getting exactly the same fps as ultra settings also 50-70 ? in the menu game im around 800 fps .. so thanks you for help if someone know how fix it.

hey everyone,

I have some issue with my ro2. i have a good config i guess to handle this game also here :

Gtx 970 asus strix
I5 4690 3.50GHz
8 go ram
Windows 10
Monitor 144hz.

all ultra graphic settings my game turn around in storm map to 30-40 fps .. and RO2 map 50-70. For example battlefield 4 with all ultra settings and msaa 4x i'm around 80-120 fps. The second problem is about stuttering effect while i sprint, is like freeze but really quickly unless fps drop .. so i decided to turn all graphic to low and no AA and what happend ? i getting exactly the same fps as ultra settings also 50-70 ? in the menu game im around 800 fps .. so thanks you for help if someone know how fix it.

Try to delete your config files :

1) Navigate to your DOCUMENTS folder and find:
Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2
2) Delete that folder. (You might want to backup that folder just in case).
3) Restart the game.

Upvote 0
With a 4690? No way.
That's why I asked for GPU usage. Don't be so quick to discount it. This game only uses 1-2 threads to the max unlike a well-optimized game such as BF4 that spreads load over up to 8 threads. It's possible that a 4690 non-K (3.7 GHz and can't OC) could bottleneck a 970 in a single-threaded game. Furthermore OP has a 144Hz monitor but don't expect a 4690 to produce 144 FPS here. However it should not be dropping below 60.

Upvote 0