• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Flashlights in every game.... Tripwire please explain

a little secret - you're not supposed to like having to manage your Flashlight/NVG. it's a weakness that forces you to sometimes have less clarity in dark areas.
it helps to build tension in this game that's supposed to have a horror component to it.

which can work out fairly well, with some maps having a daylight cycle and others having areas that rely on destructible lighting.

Upvote 0
Wow this old thread still goin :p Deckard, great point haha, it really should over zerker. Sean, just because people make threads asking for opinions doesn't mean they are sulking, nor did I claim it was unusable as I do still use it? The longer lasting battery is a cool idea though.

Fair enough taiiat, logical point. I mean that doesn't mean its not silly, but i guess in games sometimes you need to throw out realism to make things a bit more intense. TBH, not that I've played much KF in last few months usually when I use flashlight it runs out and often I don't even notice for quite some time afterwards!

Upvote 0
callumg1988;n2311033 said:
TBH, not that I've played much KF in last few months usually when I use flashlight it runs out and often I don't even notice for quite some time afterwards!

a tough balancing act - ideally areas would get dark enough from day cycle or lights being destroyed that seeing would be very hard... but just not being able to see most of the time also is pretty lame ala if it happened basically every time you play any map that'd not be so great either.

Upvote 0