• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fix the MG's

Lonyo

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
lonyo.co.uk
Currently you can deploy an MG on a "side" (like resting a weapon against a wall), say in a trench or whatever, and it seems to behave exactly as if it was deployed on a flat surface using the bipod, even though I can't see how it's comparable. Even if left/right is stabalised, up/down wouldn't be, since there is no bipod.

Also, MG's can give other MG's ammo, which is nice, a free 5 points every spawn, but WTF is up with that? If I am an MG I am not going to carry spare ammo for other MGers. I picked the MG34 and gave MG34 ammo to another MGer with no loss to my own personal stash.

Further on the point of MG ammo, is troops carrying all kinds of MG ammo, including for enemy MG's! That is also not particularly believable.

In terms of deployment and movement, I have a further 2 things which I personally do not appreciate.
1. If you deploy an MG while standing, then crouch, the MG remains deployed. When you uncrouch, the MG becomes undeployed. IMO I would not undeploy my MG just because I had crouched, as I may be crouching temporarily to stop my head geting shot off, while leaving my MG able to fire as soon as I went back up and looked down the sights.

Also when deployed (while standing at least), if you then undeploy or move, you go into a toggle-crouched position, which may in some ways be useful to keep your head down, but players can instead press their own crouch button, rather than this being automatic. Sometimes you want to undeploy and then move, not undeploy and then crouch.

The last 2 points may be my own personal preferences as to how my avatar would respons when I performed some actions, and not everyone may agree with what I think should happen, but IMO the first 3 things are silly issues (2 of which have been around for a long time).

many of the issues are mentioned in the bigger MG thread that has been running for some time now....

indeed, a lot of people who post in the forums (i pick my words carefully there so nobody thinks i mean the majority of all RO players because that just impossible) belive that the MG need altering in many of their aspects....

but i personally belive that what needed to be said, has been said by many respected and responsible members of our community, we just need to let all those involved (including TWI) brood over this matter for sometime (as they play a large part in RO, it will take some time to think this through and all possible things that could be done) and come up with some sort of action plan to create a suitable solution

Upvote 0
Hm yes.. agree to equipment slot when you choose the class.
Maybe choose between:

1) MG ammo
2) 4 extra mags for main weapon
3) 2 extra grenades
4) Binoculars
5) Side arm (pistol)
6) Condoms, extra pair of socks, handcuffs, smoke or earplugs (Alternatively)

Maybe add a little delay to simulate the process of opening the backpack or pouch and grabing the different items.

I can never hear about "ducking behind the MG " enough.
I hope the community cries so much after it that TWI just create it to shut us up :D

Upvote 0
I know that in the mod you used to be able to deploy the MG and duck up and down as much as you want using the regular duck button. I could sit there and reload all 3 magazines and shoot and duck when reloading and when i got shot at all day long.

At some point I believe when the ostfront was made they added the MG deploy with the ironsights button and something got lost durring the transfer from the mod.

I would suggest this:

When you use the mg deploy button you should stay deployed while you crouch up and down to reload ammo or duck from incoming fire. You should stay deployed until you press the undeploy button or the ironsights button to disengage. This way you can use toggle crouch if you want to duck down the whole time. i used to hold the duck button the whole time until I noticed they added toggle crounch.

When you use the ironsights to deploy on a sandbag etc. you should be able to disengage by moving or starting to walk away like you can do know.

This way people that want to plant that MG and keep it deployed and not have to worry about undeploying.

Somewhere along the line somebody decided to physically make you duck while deploying the MG this never happened durring the MOD. I am sorry but let us play our own game and If we are not smart enough to duck ourselves then we should die but sacrificing the view and not being able to shoot someone 5 feet in front of you because you are all hunkered down should not even be considered for a comparison.

we need to be able to stand up the whoile time in the next patch.

Upvote 0