• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[FIX]Controller Support Fix

UPDATE: See here for hot fix for latest verison of kf2: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=1456979&postcount=3

Hey guys,

As you all may have seen me trying to bring up here a few times, the controller support in this game is (for me was) broken. I have taken the liberty of going ahead and fixing it, and hopefully Tripwire will implement this into the official build.

There were a few major issues. The first major issue was the autoaim, which was hiding in the KFGame.ini. The autoaim was terrible, and on top of that gamepads do not need autoaim, ever. So that was the first thing I needed to fix.

Before:
Code:
bTargetAdhesionEnabled=True
bDebugTargetAdhesion=False
bAutoTargetEnabled=True
After:
Code:
bTargetAdhesionEnabled=False
bDebugTargetAdhesion=False
bAutoTargetEnabled=False
The next major issue was the deadzone. The issue was as soon as I got in-game, my aim was moving to the down right non-stop, and my character kept running left. This issue is known as deadzone. The analog sticks on a controller are never perfectly center, and with wear and tear they get even worse. Most XBOX 360 controllers that I've owned have had a deadzone issue lingering between 20% all the way up to 40% on the left stick, and the right stick usually sits between 10% to 25%. I went into the KFInput.ini and dug around. I realized none of my changes were staying because the game kept overwriting my changes I soon realized. So I went back, made my changes once last time, changing the deadzone of the left stick to 40% and the deadzone of the right stick to 30%. I changed the KFInput.ini to read-only in Windows and fired up the game. Voila, it worked.

The last major teeth grinding issue was the binding layouts. Now Tripwire, you guys did come up with some intuitive things to make it good, but there were some things that were so bizarre that it made using a controller super frustrating. For example, if I have to change weapons, I have to take my thumb off the right stick to hold Y (now I cant aim), then I have to take my other thumb off the left stick to use the dpad (now i cant move). You see the problem? And on top of that, in what game EVER did anyone play where you interact with the Right Stick Button? So made some changes to the KFInput.ini again, made it read-only, and I was happy.

I changed Left Shoulder to Weapon Switcher, Right Stick Button to Grenades (similar to my KF1 set up), and Y to Interact (similar to my KF1 set up).

I would have preferred the weapon wheel to be controlled by the right stick instead of the dpad, but there was nothing I could do about that.

REMAINING ISSUES (ATTN PLEASE: TRIPWIRE)

There are a few issues I cannot resolve however and I hope Tripwire will resolve them.

1. [FIXED IN 1016]The aim gets sticky at times when moving the stick diagonally. By this I mean if I am looking up then I decide to look right at the same time, it just stops or slows down to the point its unusable. This issue is relatively annoying and I have no idea what is causing it. I tried my best.

2. As I said before, the dpad is not a good place for the weapon wheel. Left Shoulder + Right Stick = profit. Take a look at FoxMod for UT3 and that may be the fix.

3. Controls cannot be configured in in-game settings. This is something that should be offered. For all we know there are people out there who may want their Right Trigger to Open Doors and Back button to shoot. :rolleyes: Just saying, if this game is going to be released for SteamOS and PS4 this is something that players will really appreciate.

4. When using Iron Sights, which are supposed to be held, sometimes get stuck, requiring the player to double tap the Left Trigger to fix it. This is a kind of a rare occurrence, but it does happen.

5. [FIXED IN 1016]You can only run with the analog stick. Typically you can walk and run with the same analog stick. This can be somewhat annoying. Typically the settings I use in Xpadder are 0-70% are walk, and 71-100% are run. I have no idea how to set that up in the ini's. Of course, I will not set up Xpadder to accomplish this as it will cause many more issues. (The Magic Rule: Never use Xpadder with a game that has any sort of recognition of your controller, or bad things will happen).

DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION

1. Download the Zip Archive I have attached.
  2. Go to C:\Users\Users\Documents\my games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Config on your computer.
  3. The ini files in the Zip archive go in this area. Copy the KFInput.ini. I have included the KFGame.ini in case you can't figure out the autoaim disabling. Please note that this MAY screw up some of your settings if you use this file. Then again, it MAY not. I'm not sure. You've been warned.
  4. This step is the most important. You have to make the KFInput.ini read-only. Right click the file then click Properties. Check the Read-Only box at the bottom.
  5. Keep a back-up. If TWI pushes out an update that wipes out these settings, be prepared. Just right click the KFInput.ini and your KFGame.ini, go to "Send To", then "Compressed (Zipped) Folder", name it Backup, and you are done.
NOTE:

In every thread where I have ever posted anything about controllers it has been flamed and loaded with a bunch of hate comments by people who think that KBM is better and controllers are dumb etc etc. Please do not post any of that here. Everyone has their own preferred input methods, to each their own. Controllers are equally as useful to KBM. They each have their pros and cons and when you had carpel tunnel forming like I did from using a KBM way back in the day, you have to pick wisely. And besides, some of us like playing away from their desk on a comfortably sized TV. :D

Attachments

• KFInput.ini.zip
    7.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
EMERGENCY HOT FIX V2
---------

The recent update completely screwed the controller support. Voice comms gets stuck forcing restart of game and quick heal ability was taken away, along with ability to throw weapon.

I have not been able to fix the ability to throw weapons, so if you pick up someone's gun they are not getting it back until TWI fixes it.

I fixed the quick heal but it will do a REQUEST HELP DOSH or TAUNT ZEDS every single time you heal yourself, and you have to heal yourself before you can switch weapons.

It isn't perfect and it will probably piss off every pub player you encounter, but its what we've got for now.

Also, seems like the auto aim just keeps coming on. At the beginning of every match, you now have to go to the settings and disable auto aim. Deadzone was also not corrected, so I had to do that in the ini.

Copy the attached KFInput.ini to the same place, and set to read-only.

Attachments

• KFInput.ini.zip
    7.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Upvote 0
We've made a number of changes (hopefully improvements!) to the controller in Return of the Patriarch. It's still early access and we are likely to change it again as we collect feedback. We're also investigating the bugs above. Keep in mind however that while encouraged to experiment with your own custom config settings these settings are not officially supported and may have side effects.

Upvote 0
We've made a number of changes (hopefully improvements!) to the controller in Return of the Patriarch. It's still early access and we are likely to change it again as we collect feedback. We're also investigating the bugs above. Keep in mind however that while encouraged to experiment with your own custom config settings these settings are not officially supported and may have side effects.
Hi thanks you for the response!
My current concern is the new control scheme. Before it was confusing, now its more confusing. You guys gave an option for autoaim now and that is awesome, and also you fixed the diagonal aiming. Thank you guys for that. But a few issues remain with your default settings

1. Deadzone- as described above the default deadzone is too low leading to drifting movement and aiming.

2. Messy scheme - the controller scheme in its current state negatively affects the gameplay. Pressing and holding y for example to switch guns when a FP is charging you, requires removing thumbs off both the left thumbsticl for the dpad AND the right stick. If that is swapped with LB, then you can still run while switching guns, which can be a huge life saver. Also, using r3 for doors is not normal. Y is much better suited. R3 is best for grenades, as you can actively aim where you want to throw while pressing the throw button.

If you guys are not going to let people rebind, then please give us an intuitive and comfortable scheme that people will love (and I would be forever grateful for). Thanks for reading this

Upvote 0
1. Deadzone- as described above the default deadzone is too low leading to drifting movement and aiming.

Good feedback. We've haven't seen it causing problems, but it could be caused by minor differences in hardware or drivers. What kind of controller are you using if you don't mind me asking?

2. Messy scheme - the controller scheme in its current state negatively affects the gameplay. Pressing and holding y for example to switch guns when a FP is charging you, requires removing thumbs off both the left thumbsticl for the dpad AND the right stick. If that is swapped with LB, then you can still run while switching guns, which can be a huge life saver. Also, using r3 for doors is not normal. Y is much better suited. R3 is best for grenades, as you can actively aim where you want to throw while pressing the throw button.

Our hope is to spend more time on the scheme and also add some options to the in-game UI. We may be able to make an option where L1 is switch and R3 is grenade (or throw weapon). Personally, I like L1 (default at least) for grenade because it's easier to pick up for new players that are used to other shooters. Someone also requested an L1 to Jump control scheme which you'll see as a preset in some other shooters.

I'd also like to experiment with a dpad only weapon switch. This is common in a lot of games, but because we can have a rather unbound weapon inventory size and are using some dpad buttons already it's a bit tricky. I've got a few other scheme ideas floating around like R3 bash, use to hold 'X', free up 'B' for quick heal. I definitely prefer quick heal off the dpad so you can move and heal. If we can come with a context sensitive way to equip the healer and the welder that will make switching weapons easier. If you noticed we took those out of the rotation when tapping 'Y' which helps a little.

If anyone here has a favorite scheme write it down and it will help us to make it better.

Upvote 0
Good feedback. We've haven't seen it causing problems, but it could be caused by minor differences in hardware or drivers. What kind of controller are you using if you don't mind me asking?
Deadzone is caused by wear and tear on a controller. I stated in the first post that I have owned 3 different XBOX 360 controllers, all of which I have used for PC gaming. The problem is as a controller grows older, the analog sticks aren't perfectly centered anymore. This is where a properly sized deadzone is needed, as if there is none you will see drifts because it will read your worn out thumbstick as to the left when it seems centered to you. The XBOX 360 controllers that I've owned have had a deadzone issue lingering between 20% all the way up to 40% on the left stick, and the right stick usually sits between 10% to 25%. This is a very easy fix for you guys, it simply lies in the KFInput.ini. Its just the default that needs to be updated. The reason you guys probably don't have it is because you don't use your controllers often, as you probably use KBM around the office. Thus the controllers are newer and have no wear and tear yet. Some people are going to be like me where after using a controller for a year, they will be experiencing drifting. It doesn't take long for a controller to really wear out like that. Its up to the game at that point to compensate for it. Here is the fix here, it just needs to be implemented into the next build.

Code:
Bindings=(Name="GBA_StrafeLeft_Gamepad",Command="Axis aStrafe Speed=1.0 DeadZone=0.4")
Bindings=(Name="GBA_MoveForward_Gamepad",Command="Axis aBaseY Speed=1.0 DeadZone=0.4")
Bindings=(Name="GBA_TurnLeft_Gamepad",Command="Axis aTurn Speed=1.2 DeadZone=0.3")
Bindings=(Name="GBA_Look_Gamepad",Command="Axis aLookup Speed=1.2 DeadZone=0.3")
Our hope is to spend more time on the scheme and also add some options to the in-game UI. We may be able to make an option where L1 is switch and R3 is grenade (or throw weapon). Personally, I like L1 (default at least) for grenade because it's easier to pick up for new players that are used to other shooters. Someone also requested an L1 to Jump control scheme which you'll see as a preset in some other shooters.

I'd also like to experiment with a dpad only weapon switch. This is common in a lot of games, but because we can have a rather unbound weapon inventory size and are using some dpad buttons already it's a bit tricky. I've got a few other scheme ideas floating around like R3 bash, use to hold 'X', free up 'B' for quick heal. I definitely prefer quick heal off the dpad so you can move and heal. If we can come with a context sensitive way to equip the healer and the welder that will make switching weapons easier. If you noticed we took those out of the rotation when tapping 'Y' which helps a little.

If anyone here has a favorite scheme write it down and it will help us to make it better.
Sounds like you are trying to do the same things I did with KF1 (http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=102558). Unfortunately, I think a weapon wheel is going to be needed, as you can see by all the combos I had to do with KF1, there are just too many things that need to be bound. As much as I usually hate weapon wheels, this is a game that definitely needs it. With dpad healing, you CAN run while healing, just use your right hand and keep the left hand on the thumbstick. Its awkward but it works. Cycling through weapons is too clunky though, it just will never work when theres so many things in one's inventory. If you guys could implement combos like I did in KF1, maybe it could work. But to be honest, the way I have it set up in KF2 is probably going to be the best bet. Its a tough call with so many bindings. I'm definitely giving it more thought myself. One thing that you guys should really try to do is move the weapon wheel selection to the right thumbstick, similar to GTA5 and Unreal Tournament 3's foxmod (http://www.moddb.com/mods/foxmod-splitscreen). I will say though, DPAD weapon switching and B button healing was very nice in KF1, but it would be very difficult now with the introduced melee bash and the need for a flashlight button.

I was getting used to the KF2 controls in the first version of my fix though before the update. Its awkward at first but you get used to it. My clanmates heard a lot of swearing out of me at first when using the weapon wheel hahaha. But I agree, I miss the KF1 style controls more, sadly I just don't think it'll work without some serious brainstorming.

Oh, one other thing, I don't know if this is controller related. Sometimes when pulling out the med syringe via the weapon wheel, it turns around and self heals. Makes me look like a moron in front of my group when I am trying to heal them hahahaha.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For a weapon wheel we would need to limit inventory to maximum 8 which is something we can't assume. Even if we take the healer and welder out with a context switch it's still possible to carry more than 8 weapons! It's a tricky issue without inflicting additional restraints on the game. We could potentially do a weapon wheel with L1/R1 to page left right to 'other wheels'. That's a lot of buttons though so I'm not sure how well it would work in practice. That may be a good option for us to try though.

By the way I've got the deadzone change locally. I want to spend some time with it and we may have to re-balance our sensitivity a little. We have sensitivity balanced for high precision aiming in that region.

Upvote 0
There is that big touchpad button in the middle, allows for pretty good touchscreen accuracy with some games already, as well as being press able like a button it's a pretty useful button, however don't do what far cry 4 did (they made it so you used it to go through your weapon wheel however it was fairly sensitive and one wayward tap had you changing weapons by accident). Not sure what your plans are for that button but that's the most different one, quite useful sometimes.

Could even have something like a shoulder button you hold to bring up the same inventory as now and use left-right/up-down to change weapon category and move within that category respectively. All you'd need then is a last weapon used button (historically triangle but whatevs) and having the weapon categories solidified!

When I get my PC back I'll try it a bit as I have an actual ps4 controller, though I use a program called DS4windows too. If testing is needed without that then just say!

Upvote 0
Has Tripwire received any Steam Controllers? There's a few problems with it that could stand to be addressed; particularly when going through the trader UI.

The main issue is that while the game generally handles the Mouse Controller union among the best I've seen, some parts of the HUD are screwed as a result of the game recognizing two separate modes.

Example, I open the comms menu using the button on my controller, bound normally. Since the game sees this as a CONTROLLER opening the comms hud, the mouse cannot interact with it; since the steam controller's whole thing is based on the right pad being a mouse of sorts, the entire comms menu is inaccessable without a workaround (Currently I bound Select to "X" as if it were a keyboard; holding select and moving on the pad works for this)

The trader UI is a bit iffy about things because of this two mode system as well; refusing to render the cursor icon if any controller type input is registered.

Long story short, is there any way to have the game recognize all inputs without forcing a UI change? Maybe have the icons be a toggle option, but make it so there's a single unified control mode; i.e. I open up the comms menu with a controller but it's interactable by both the mouse and analog stick?

On a final note, is analog support on the table? From what I can tell the game simply recognizes the 8 cardinal directions as a digital joystick would; while precise analog movement isn't something particularly needed for KF2 it'd be a nifty thing to have.

Upvote 0
All you'd need then is a last weapon used button (historically triangle but whatevs) and having the weapon categories solidified!

Actually, we had tap triangle for last weapon, but it was changed to cycle based on feedback. I'd be interested to know what the most popular preference is. Maybe we need a UI option for this.

Has Tripwire received any Steam Controllers? There's a few problems with it that could stand to be addressed; particularly when going through the trader UI.

We're testing primarily with PS4, Xbox One, and Steam controllers. As far as Steam controllers go they are set up to emulate other input devices so everything you need is in the controller settings in the Steam UI. We are considering adding native support to the game which would allow us to take it a little further. For example we would need native support to have custom input while in the trader UI. Once we do that though the community profiles will be no more. They are two exclusive systems.

Upvote 0
Actually, we had tap triangle for last weapon, but it was changed to cycle based on feedback. I'd be interested to know what the most popular preference is. Maybe we need a UI option for this.

We're testing primarily with PS4, Xbox One, and Steam controllers. As far as Steam controllers go they are set up to emulate other input devices so everything you need is in the controller settings in the Steam UI. We are considering adding native support to the game which would allow us to take it a little further. For example we would need native support to have custom input while in the trader UI. Once we do that though the community profiles will be no more. They are two exclusive systems.
I would DEFINITELY prefer tap for last weapon. Cycle is pretty much useless. One idea I had which personally I don't like at all is to be like Bioshock in a way. Have R3 as aim, Left Trigger Alt-Fire, Right Trigger Primary Fire, LB Weapon Wheel, RB Grenades. Personally, I don't like that idea at all but I figured I'd throw it out there. As for weapon wheel, the way it is now is fine, all I was suggesting was to move it to the Right Stick for control, not the dpad. I'm getting used to it on the dpad though, thats not a big deal.

I have a temporary fix going right now via Xpadder where I am using the back button for healing, and Left Trigger + LB to throw weapons, and Left Trigger + Y for scoreboard. I'm getting used to it but I was happier before the Patriarch update with the heal self being on the Dpad. I got used to it after a while. I'm going to experiment with a few more things sometime this week and try and see how some other configs work.

Upvote 0
So I said I'd give the PS4 controller a go, and now I have. Here's my feedback! I'm putting it here because it seems logical, I dunno.

Before I start I just wanna say 2 things: Firstly, I was using an emulator called "DS4Windows" which makes the PS4 controller work with any gamepad supported game. As a result it thought it was an Xbox 360 controller, don't know how this would effect things but worth mentioning.

Other thing was I've been a playstation player since PS1's arrival, I've racked up more time total on Sony's consoles than I have PC gaming which came much later for me.

I was playing Hard Medium length matches on various maps, though I started with Black Forest as Gunslinger as I find that map the hardest for me to land headshots on (lots of above/beneath shots because of the hilly nature of the map, pretty vertical gameplay!) and I figured It'd ping the aim-assist more noticeably.

So here goes. Overall it's bloody good. You know how to map your buttons, this works very well! I only have 2 button-related things to ask: Firstly, why R3 for trader, doors and such? I must say, I can't speak for everyone but I've never ever liked it when a game has me hold a thumbstick button down. It just feels wrong. My suggestion would be to swap it with Bash, as R3 is always a great button to use for panic melee situations in many games.

My second thoughts on this is the big touchpad button between the "start" and "share" buttons. Do you have plans for this button/touchpad? It's a new thing for controllers but every game I've seen that's used it has had a fair degree of success with it. It's usually been used like the "select" button was on previous playstations, but it's a giant button you can't miss and has fairly accurate touchpad function so I'm sure you can figure something out.

Weapon selection: Upon first seeing the weapon menu I was a bit concerned and stuck to "cycle weapon" with triangle. By the way, currently just like the PC version if you press it twice you usually skip over one, which is great and you should keep this if you keep cycle weapon.

However I quickly learned that you can actually select what you want pretty quick, and as a Gunslinger with quite a few guns to choose from in both primary and secondary, it works pretty well I'd say. Only little gripe with it is in fast or panic situations it's a bit hard to differentiate between guns, maybe the name of the gun can appear outside the box so you can better see what's highlighted at a glance? But that's a very small gripe.

The UI selection and menus both ingame and before going into a match work well, once again. Lots of nice little touches like the L1/R1 and L2/R2 switching different sections and categories within, having different buttons for selling guns and buying ammo, transparency on a menu you're not using, all of these details come together to make it pretty much as quick as PC for selecting what you need and being on your way! I was as quick as PC from my first match using the controller.

However there is a lot in the UI, and sometimes it doesn't flip to the side of the screen you want or select the correct thing. At one point in the buy menu the arrows weren't cycling through the shop as usual, not sure why.

Also, a small thing but worth mentioning; I reached level 15 while using the controller, and when I paused the game the standard box came up telling me I had unlocked a perk skill for Gunslinger. Thing is, the OK button in this window wasn't highlighted and I was using the perk menu behind it. Like I say small issue, and I just highlighted it and clicked OK, but maybe those kind of windows should get priority.

Now the big one, aiming. Aim assist, surprisingly, has a pretty good frame in this. Raged zeds whose heads move did seem to legitimately dodge some rounds, even the Bloats! I was also missing just as much as I was hitting like usual. But like I said at the top, I was in Black Forest at first which is the map I am least accurate on, by far. Because of all the hills and stuff. So of course I went to fight in the hilly areas and saw if I could tag heads even when things are a bit vertical (something I still cannot reliably do with keyboard and mouse). Turns out I was a headshot king!

This is fine, infact for consoles as you've said before a degree of this is needed. But my opinion on the current aim-assist is this: It's too sticky. Your aim sticks and you move, that's a typical aim assist yes. But it's also constantly on. As a result of this constant stickiness, a few things happened: I found my character either continually looking where zeds are whilst sprinting in mad situations (pretty dangerous), missing/getting chest shots as it liked to stick to center mass sometimes too and one which tickled me, quite a few times instead of headshotting the enemy I'm aiming at I'd decap an enemy behind them who was showing a sliver of skull!

My suggestions for this are as follows: Make it maybe a little less sticky and definitely make it less "constantly on". I don't mean completely turn the autoaim off, how to tackle this depends on what kind of difficulty you're going for when using a gamepad. As it is right now, a GS or Sharpshooter or infact anyone who needs accuracy to survive could survive fairly easily.

As Gunslinger, I was letting the assist do a fair bit of the work for me (and as a result, got myself killed or badly hurt in silly situations where my guns wouldn't hit anything or went too high!) and I didn't have to work much to survive. That being said I still haven't made it to the boss wave using a gamepad.

Anyway, my suggestions, less sticky and less constant. I'd say the ADS/ironsights stickiness is fine though, but like I say tweak depending on what you're looking to get out of it. I'd say only have it that sticky for the first 1-2 seconds of aiming and let hipfiring/longer-lasting ADS go more manual. I'd also say let it have less and less of an effect the higher up the difficulty you go! I haven't tried it but I think in this state sprinting or walking doesn't make it any harder to hit the head.

I think I had some more suggestions, if I remember them I'll add them to this post!

EDIT: Another thing I noticed, sometimes with the start/pause button and the fire button maybe others, it registered a single press as 2 presses so firing once would make me fire twice rapidly sometimes, same with pausing; sometimes it'd pause and immediately unpause as if I'd pressed twice

Absolutely massive post but I hope it helps!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There are also some bugs that make UI unclickable when switching from gamepad to keyboard. Really annoying. Made me not play with gamepad anymore.
Whenever I noticed I've had to use my phone I just moved the touchpad around and it automatically switched. Only have to do this when we password our server. Never had any issues with nothing being clickable.

Upvote 0
The next major issue was the deadzone. The issue was as soon as I got in-game, my aim was moving to the down right non-stop, and my character kept running left. This issue is known as deadzone. The analog sticks on a controller are never perfectly center, and with wear and tear they get even worse. Most XBOX 360 controllers that I've owned have had a deadzone issue lingering between 20% all the way up to 40% on the left stick, and the right stick usually sits between 10% to 25%.

We did some research into this recently looking for these answers:

• Is our deadzone calculation sound?
  • How does it compare to other engines and games?
  • How does increasing it affect gameplay?
  • How much analog stick wear is normal?
In the end we found that the game plays best with the current deadzone and a controller in good condition. The values are pretty average, so I'm guessing this issue is not uncommon for you. As a result we are unlikely to increase the default deadzone, but it's not unheard of for games to allow end users to tweak the deadzone via the in-game UI. A UI option may still be in the cards, but for now I recommend modifying KFInput.ini like you have been.

Upvote 0
We did some research into this recently looking for these answers:

• Is our deadzone calculation sound?
  • How does it compare to other engines and games?
  • How does increasing it affect gameplay?
  • How much analog stick wear is normal?
In the end we found that the game plays best with the current deadzone and a controller in good condition. The values are pretty average, so I'm guessing this issue is not uncommon for you. As a result we are unlikely to increase the default deadzone, but it's not unheard of for games to allow end users to tweak the deadzone via the in-game UI. A UI option may still be in the cards, but for now I recommend modifying KFInput.ini like you have been.
A ui option would be awesome. I'm not the only person with dead zone issues, its relatively common for people using Xbox 360 controllers after a good year of use to have an increased dead zone. Not everyone will know how to edit the INI file.

I usually don't have many issues with many games, usually just games that don't support controllers properly (yes I'm looking at you NFS Underground...) On some extremely rare cases has it affected me in a AAA game (gta4 and driver San francisco), but like I said, very rare.

I haven't tried them but I've heard the Xbox one controllers feel tighter, so I can understand not wanting to up the dead zone. However there will always be people who have issues, especially cheap people like me who have no plans to upgrade to new controllers due to how expensive they are, or are happy with the Xbox 360 controllers compatibility

Upvote 0