• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Firefight gamemode FTW!

nebsif

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
Srsly, aside from no1 playing bolt action rifles (bump me!), its a welcome change to the VERY repetitive gameplay of TE Apartments (& Fallen Fighters) thanks to the ever changing spawns. You can even, more or less, sneak around and maneuver since there are no chokepoints and no1 knows where you'll spawn next etc etc.

Try it out dudes
, barely any1 playing it and its loads of fun and sort of a breath of fresh air.

I entered a firefight server in Apartments and the first thing I did was tk Sheps (sorry about that mate) mainly because I did not realise it was Firefight mode and was completely disorientated.

Have only played it for a short time and it was very hectic - given time and experience with it, I can see it being a break from the other modes.

Upvote 0
I liked it, the funny thing is that i saw teamplay oriented gameplay more frequently than in the other gamemodes. Its not rare for your team to stick together inside a building or teaming up to clear one, maybe its the spawn system :p

This is what stood out for me as well once we started testing it. Aside from the chaos, it can be surprisingly tactical...

Upvote 0
I actually like it a lot too.

Sometimes the spawns are stupid and people pop up in the sights of an MG, but not often.

Only thing that bugs me is the rounds are too short. If admins can increase the score limit and time limit for their Firefight mode it would be a lot more enjoyable.

Completely agree with you. Rounds are way to short plus the respawn queues that go up to 20 secs, it almost feels that you haven't got enough time to play until the map changes. (i don't want instant respawns to compensate this, just longer rounds):)

Upvote 0
I liked it, the funny thing is that i saw teamplay oriented gameplay more frequently than in the other gamemodes. Its not rare for your team to stick together inside a building or teaming up to clear one, maybe its the spawn system :p

I so agree with you, i'm surprised people don't like it, i think you guys should give it a chance! It is really fun.

Also it has that stalingrad feel to it: buiding to building, strongpoints, every crossing is dangerous.

It also recycles the map, the vantage points are not the same anymore.

Upvote 0
firefight can get tactical sometimes with team mates covering a certain locked down room for each other. But the spawns are sometimes a problem, i was running around the corner to flank a building and was passing a major spawn point and 3 people spawned right in front of me, Mp40 shot them down. And i have spawned directly in front of enemies firing so instant death.

lots of mp40's on the german side and the russians use trusted bolts over the ppsh i have seen.

Overall other than some dodgy spawns, its a solid experience. Ends too quick tho.

Upvote 0
I actually find it kinda fun too. One time I had a scoped mosin nagant, just wandering around and I ran directly into a german spawn with about 7 of them coming right at me....I somehow survived the dilema with tactical tosses of grenades and keep them pinned with sniper fire...

Upvote 0