• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Finally got into the always populated server

Hostage

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 31, 2011
I played tonight on this server and I was impressed. People communicated a lot and there was no shortage of skill players. I also felt like I had a purpose as SL. It was a lot of fun.

I have been playing on a few other low ping servers that seemed to be pretty dead lately, they were also a bit smaller 32-50 players.

I do wish instead of having an elite server it was spread into 2 or 3 other servers. Having a mix of very good players and some people with less xp, seems to be more realistic of warfare. I personally did well, though it felt like special forces vs special forces.

Also some maps were a little too congested. Train Station was a blood bath for the Germans as they had to go through a choke point against a well covered defense. I like the map Train Station, though it feels better suited for a server that is less populated. If tripwire altered the offense to have a 4:3 ratio over the defenders, that map would be much better.

In addition the tickets seemed to be on the low side. Many maps would end from the other teams tickets running out. When I was playing Russian on Spartanovka, the Germans ran out of ticket and we had to wait for the time to run out as the last Germans were camping and we could not attack them because of the "protected area".

I think the whole time I was there, there was never a win by capping all the bases.

In all it has to be the largest server that I have played on with the best ping. Most of the players there are really good and actually coordinate. No server is perfect, but this comes pretty close. I just wish the servers I normally play on got as populated as this server and got a few more skilled and coordinated players to play on them.

If you are finding it hard to get into a full server, just connect to it through the steam server browser. A window will pop up because the server is full, and so then click 'auto-retry' on that window and click 'join automatically when a slot is made available' or something like that.

Upvote 0