• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Field Medic: Tier 3 Medic SMG, new Tier 2 weapon(s)

flashn00b

Grizzled Veteran
  • Feb 1, 2011
    Looking at its effectiveness in the Spring beta, I think i mentioned something about how simply changing the damage value to 20 would just make the MP5 useless. And well, there's no reason to use the MP5 considering the Medic SMG's current stats.

Perhaps it might be worth bringing up my previous suggestion before the great forum reorganization sooooo

Medic SMG
    Price increased to $1000
    Damage changed from 17 Ballistic_SMG to 25 Ballistic_Shotgun
    Weight increased to 4 blocks

The change in damage type is so that while the damage numbers are the same as the MP5RAS, the Shotgun Damage type would prove more effective vs. Gorefasts, Husks and Sirens.

HMTECH-XL Blowerthrower
    Perks: Field Medic, Firebug
    Price: $650
    Heal amount (Direct Hit with flame impacts): 4HP
    Ground fires will never heal players
    Barring the above stats, this weapon would mostly be identical to the Caulk n' Burn

Because people seem to want the poison sprayer to return from KF1. If this ever happens, it will need to have healing functionality.

Syringe Revolver
    Price: $650
    Perks: Field Medic, Sharpshooter, Gunslinger
    Damage: 105 Ballistic_Rifle, 55 Poison
    Cylinder capacity: 5 (Dunno how big the reserve should be tbh)
    Weight: 6
    Other (1): Uses ammunition to heal, and syringes do not home to players. To compensate for this, the syringe darts have a small AoE field similar to the Spitfires.
    Healing: 20 on dart explosion, 20 on direct hit (maximum healing of 40)
    Other (2): Scrakes have a 1.35x weakness to this weapon's ballistic damage, and fleshpounds a 1.1 weakness (this should bring damage values closer to the Centerfire)

Rather than being a revolving pistol, i think a revolver for the Field Medic would be better suited as a rifle. Bonus points if it's a junk metal weapon like the Spitfires, Pulverizer and Bone Crusher. And yes, it's another rifle for Gunslinger.

The medic need a semi auto ar with healing darts and the knife should be able to do somthing other than be a knife like it should have darts to but they take 20seconds to recharge i play medic a lot and i dont like the guns other than the hmtech 101.
    i just buy the other guns so i can heal people faster with weapon swoppin.
    The medic needs more guns for sure

Upvote 0
    flashn00b;n2329790 said:
    Looking at its effectiveness in the Spring beta, I think i mentioned something about how simply changing the damage value to 20 would just make the MP5 useless. And well, there's no reason to use the MP5 considering the Medic SMG's current stats.

Testing the gun in game with damage popups the medic SMG at the same weight dose less than the P90 and MP5(so small a difference that they would probably feel the same)
    But unless you really want 2kg left for duel 9mm there is no reason to not get both the P90 and MP5 to tier 5 and still have a kg to spare. or could save 1500 dosh not upgrading one of them to full.

Only thing that make the medic SMG better is reserve ammo.(With Ammo Vest the Medic SMG has 708, while the MP5 has 496)

Damage with a lvl 25 SWAT on a cyst.

MP7

4kg 30
    5kg 41
    6kg 53
    7kg 61
    8kg 68

Medic SMG

3kg 38
    4kg 45
    5kg 53
    6kg 60 (max upgrade)