• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Few specimen suggestions

Philosoraptor

Grizzled Veteran
May 18, 2009
Everyone's more than welcome to add to this.

Currently kiting has seemingly made a lot of players label this game 'A Rainy Day With Benjamin Franklin.
While I may not wholly agree, there are some simple things to do that'd add more challenge and a varied degree of challenge for that.

Currently all AI follow you or follow whoever is closest to them and/or who has less health. None of the enemies work together or do anything extremely hard to combat with a good team.

Currently the Siren is the most hated projectile-like enemy we have to worry about. The only problem I have is I generally hear her coming miles away and shoot a bolt up her asshole before she can scream.

At the moment, my solution would be to make her constantly follow behind another specimen. Seeing as she usually shows up during the same time as Scrakes do, she should probably follow closely behind her meatshield.

This to me is a tactic specimens would use, letting the heavier man take the bullets in order to get the brunt of the crowd to the front of the line.

This could even be done in such a way that the siren picks whoever has the most health, next to the scrake (that way she doesn't always pick a fleshpound to follow, say hi to Mister Death.)

Currently the only problem anyone has with Crawlers are if they get under you, in which case you are doomed.

To me, these guys are the only enemy that I can kill with 1 shot no matter what. Next to stalkers they are the easiest and most quickly to be taken down.

Currently they serve little to no purpose other than a low target that you won't see. They will only hop within a 5 meter range of you usually (that's not much bigger than a real life spider.)

My solution would be to increase their jump range, and to possibly add a high-altitude jump attack in which they can drop down onto your location.

This would make crawlers a more readily harmful opponent. I would also make the suggestion of having their numbers spread out in waves. Currently they group together, making it easier for them to be killed. While the majority of people die by a crawler, it's because you didn't seem him beneath you. If he was a hit and run artist, and you died by him leaping at you, well damn, I'd feel much better and like my death was cool.

Scrakes currently have a horrible problem with standing still in crash test dummy mode if you perform it correctly. Either way it's been said that 2 scrakes are easier to take down than 10 gorefasts.

My solution would be to make the scrake a lot more bulletproof. Currently he can be taken down with a few 9mm clips or Handcannon clips and will never touch you.

It should be to where only the Handcannon, or Crossbow do any kind of harmful ballistic damage to him. This would make you rely on constant headshots to kill him, something hard to accomplish due to his height.

The scrake itself needs another update to make him more suitable as a tank. His current rage meter is atrocious. You have to get him halfway dead before he even gets mad, and even then he runs about half the speed of a gorefast.

My solution would be to make him walk slower than the fleshpound without being raged. But make him run the extra bit faster when finally raged. Also, a running attack is much needed for the scrake as well as the gorefast. Currently only the fleshpound and the patriarch can do any kind of running attacks.

Just some ideas.

Last edited:
I agree, the Siren, while it does stay at the back, doesnt stay behind the others, they are too easy to kill

I also agree with the Skrakes needing a fix, they never really close in on someone properly, he is not nearly dangerous enough, and doesn't have enough health.

Though I disagree entirely with the crawler. All I get killed by are crawlers and the Patriach.

Upvote 0
Are you saying that this game is easy? So far I have noticed that the siren travels at the back of the pack anyway, Also its impossible to beat this game on any mode higher than normal and normal is pretty tough.

Maybe when people start winning then we can talk about suggestions to creatures.

My team owning the Patriarch on Hard last night would like to have a word with you...the only 'impossible' difficulty is suicidal. Try getting a good team and learning some tactics...

Anyway, if you have all the monsters have crazy-smart AI, the game would lag like mad. It's bad enough that on the harder difficulties, they'll try to pick off the team-members with lowest health first...

Sirens having the AI to always hide behind something would be insane and horribly broken. All they'd have to do is bunch up behind a row of Skrakes and Gorefasts to soak the hits. Since they scream apart nades, there'd be no way to get to them before they're in range to scream, still safely behind their meat-shields, mind you...several of them would scream at once and you would be insta-gibbed...

It's bad enough that their scream is un-dodgable (Aside from backing out of range or ducking behind cover, which isn't always an option!) and isn't blocked by enemies at all. It also ignores armor. If they had the AI to exploit this, they would make hard/suicidal literally impossible. You are aware that 2 of them screaming at once on Suidical kills you almost instantly, right (And 3 of them at once kills you on Hard)? And that they spawn in packs of at least 3-4 on both Hard and Suicidal. If you think they need buffed, you need to play more games on upper difficulties...

Upvote 0