• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Feedback about tanks (26/04/2013)

RiccardoTheBeAst

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Italy
I've decided to do a jump into tanks tonight for a few minutes, after months and months. Here there's a list of strange things/bugs/things i didn't understand and some feedback:

-[T-34] When you look into the periscope, if you press the right mouse button then the turret aligns in the direction you were watching at the moment of the click. Nothing strange until now, this also happens when you're unbuttoned, but the problem is that after doing this, the turret is linked to the periscope. Is this a bug? It should be fixed, because there's already "F" for periscope link/unlink.
-[Pz IV] The driver was somewhat stuck. I mean "WWWWWWWWWWWW come on! Move!" --> nothing..... then from the commander seat: "W" --> ok it's moving :) Da fuq?
-[T-34] The reloading sound is shorter than the actual real reloading time of the main gun, so you are obliged to look at the "shell-icon" to understand if it has finished or not, instead of being able to use only your ears.
-[Both] If you change the viewpoint of a crewman and then you switch to another crewman, then when you return back to the previous crewman you get a surprise: its viewpoint got reset! This is annoying....
-[Pz IV] I really do not like that you can switch the gunner and commander with the mouse wheel, they should be "separated" instead, as every other crewman in both tanks is.
-[T-34/maybe both] Optics are in Cyrillic, so it would be nice to have information about the set range in the left-top corner of the screen, as already happens in OST/DH/MN.

Probably there were other thing, but i forgot them of course :D (i feel idiot). Anyway, we can discuss about these for now, feel free to comment, answer to my doubts and to add other bugs or other things to this list, bye :D

-[T-34] When you look into the periscope, if you press the right mouse button then the turret aligns in the direction you were watching at the moment of the click. Nothing strange until now, this also happens when you're unbuttoned, but the problem is that after doing this, the turret is linked to the periscope. Is this a bug? It should be fixed, because there's already "F" for periscope link/unlink.
I'm pretty sure F is used to mark artillery (at least by Platoon and Squad Tank Commanders), not to align the turret. Left Control does that. Don't know about RMB.
-[T-34] The reloading sound is shorter than the actual real reloading time of the main gun, so you are obliged to look at the "shell-icon" to understand if it has finished or not, instead of being able to use only your ears.
Good catch, I keep spamming the fire button when I think I'm locked and loaded, but it's still reloading.
-[T-34/maybe both] Optics are in Cyrillic, so it would be nice to have information about the set range in the left-top corner of the screen, as already happens in OST/DH/MN.
That would be helpful.

I'll add one of my own. When you have dead crewmen, and need to physically swap positions, you can start driving the tank before you finish the swap animation. In other words, you can start backing the tank up when you're not in the driver's seat yet.

I'm not sure if this is my imagination, but it seems like the horizontal alignment has either been adjusted to take range into consideration, or the gun bore and gun sight have been aligned to parallel. Previously, they converged at 300 meters no matter what, making it hard to hit a really far target due to parallax error. This is a great change.

The hull MG AI seems to be pretty well tuned now. People don't complain about AI headshots so much.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i'm confused. german or russian, every time they finish loading the gun, they tell you. how is that not using your ears? i never look at the loaded icon. to be honest, i forgot it was even there.

Upvote 0
Two bugs (or just very bad features):
- [both] anomaly tank shells trajectories
- [both] tank with incremental throtle will stop imediately when you are changing active crewman, opening hatch, chenge view for tank scope

:D

I always use LMB to do it :D

5keVU.png

It is too difficult to do some research? :) From left to right:
- шр - Highly Explosive
- бр - "бронебойный" Armor Piercing
- дт - machine gun

Upvote 0
[T-34/maybe both] Optics are in Cyrillic, so it would be nice to have information about the set range in the left-top corner of the screen, as already happens in OST/DH/MN.

(cut)

(i feel idiot).
You probably should. Apart from deriding you for not having the intellectual courage to find out about a couple of letters written in Foreignese (even asking here would have yielded you an answer, and it has), I'd like to ask, what so difficult about the scales on the optics? Or are you ignorant of the Arabic numbers as well?

Multiply the number of the vertical scale by 100 and you get your range in metres.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure F is used to mark artillery (at least by Platoon and Squad Tank Commanders), not to align the turret. Left Control does that. Don't know about RMB.

For me it's F, but it doesn't matter, the point is that this shouldn't happen when you click the right mouse button ;)

That would be helpful.

Yeah, it's common in RO and all its modifications.

i'm confused. german or russian, every time they finish loading the gun, they tell you. how is that not using your ears? i never look at the loaded icon. to be honest, i forgot it was even there.

The problem still persists anyway, because the sound remains wrong in duration, so it needs to be fixed in any case.

cut.

5keVU.png

It is too difficult to do some research? :) From left to right:
- шр - Highly Explosive
- бр - "бронебойный" Armor Piercing
- дт - machine gun

I don't give suggestions for my personal profit, i know how to tank, anyway thank you for the info, but i think that few people will search for info about each optic ingame, so it's a sort of "convention" to have a set-range indicator (set to AP rounds as standard) in the left-top of the HUD, in order to help people to understand what they're doing ;)

This is already posted many times.
I have a list with bugs and specialy with the tanks.

I hate that wobbling when you stand horizental. You can`t aim precize.
But it looks like that it is increased. And the slanting driving tanks drives me nuts too. Its in but also outside the tank.

etc etc

Post it U.U

Upvote 0
If you could not drive from the Panzer 4's driver seat and were currently unhatched, that is intended. Your feet cannot reach the pedals. (This setting can be changed server side).

Yoshiro! :eek: Btw, i don't remember right now, what is the default option?

In case this is realistic, then WOOOT nice job ;);) (i'll give a try as soon as possible)

EDIT: yeah, when unbuttoned, the tank stops. But anyway i cannot confirm that i was unbuttoned yesterday, but yes i guess. Does this apply also to AI tanks and/or AI crew in general? Because i saw an AI tank moving forward with both commander and driver unbuttoned right few minutes ago, but i was somewhat far, maybe he was the MG gunner/radio operator.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yoshiro! :eek: Btw, i don't remember right now, what is the default option?

In case this is realistic, then WOOOT nice job ;);) (i'll give a try as soon as possible)

EDIT: yeah, when unbuttoned, the tank stops. But anyway i cannot confirm that i was unbuttoned yesterday, but yes i guess. Does this apply also to AI tanks and/or AI crew in general? Because i saw an AI tank moving forward with both commander and driver unbuttoned right few minutes ago, but i was somewhat far, maybe he was the MG gunner/radio operator.

I would check this, but I recall you can drive in the Panzer IV, then unbutton, and the tank will keep going on "cruise control." You can't rethrottle until you button up. I could be wrong though.

Upvote 0