• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fear of Death

As I said earlier true fear of death doesn't exist in video games as you simply do not die in real life. However it is possible to make staying alive more important, and discouraging dying. Resulting in players taking a more cautious tactical and less rambo approach to overtake the enemy.

Again if you have a perfect group of people that truly works together, group based reinforcements actually work better than individual reinforcements. Which is why group based reinf should remain an option.

However in the common situation seen in public where some people don't care at all about their team, individual reinforcements reduces the damage those individuals can do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Shooting at players and getting shot in return is just a basic game experience.

Things like team-work, taking objectives, and matters of reinforcements are more complex. Even then, games differ, things change, and so things thought mastered don't always apply.

I don't think the act of getting shot in a game should become something that's overly complex to contemplate, and if it does, I'll be losing the whole idea that this is to be entertainment.

Upvote 0