• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Farmhouse Doors are welded 'open'

Kamera

Oct 27, 2015
Kamerica
Anyone else encountering doors that are welded but appear open? It's confusing as all heck. Only encountered on Farmhouse so far for me.
OOtJAoB.jpg

OOtJAoB

Notice how long it took since the update for anyone to notice this and post on the forums. Welding doors these days is so "useful" that nearly no one does it.

Especially when walls can be broken in seconds by a single cyst, which is unbelievably silly. And then you are left with this.

I'm pretty sure that the weldable doors in Black Forest ware an in-joke for the community referring to how useless welding is considered. I know I laughed.

Upvote 0
Pretty sure whether it was intended as a joke or not, it's probably got to do with "everything which is a door (class?) is weldable," whether it makes logical sense, is funny, or not.

That being said I've seen really weird "welded door" syncing problems since the gunslinger patch.

I've joined a game on Farmhouse, and I think there was another map as well - can't remember which one, where there was a visible weld "metal" as if the door was welded, but the door model was actually open, but you couldn't go through it... and it wasn't possible for joiners (me) to unweld it, as well as other joiners (they were complaining in chat), which is pretty weird... the weld tool just didn't work on that floating "weld," but the players who had been there since the start of the map could unweld it just fine.

It felt like there was some syncing of "door open/close" states which didn't happen when joining an in-progress map.

As far as welding being useful in KF2, it still is, but the "meta" lately has been different, probably due to map design, probably due to new player base and just the "boredom" of welding - which was even there in KF1. I know when I got better I just didn't enjoy playing with welded doors because I could handle the streaming of specimens just fine and reducing that stream made the game way too predictable and boring, nevermind that endless annoying banging on the door... but it was okay for a few maps in certain spots, I guess - like one of the doors in the basement of bioticslab, or the side door at spawn...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think this has to do with when a player joins a game if the door state is changed, newly connected player sees the door in a different state that it is actually.

I already had something kinda like OP bug, where I joined friends on farmhouse, and I was blocked by and invisible wall in front of the red barn big door, for me door was opened inside the barn, for all others the door was actually blocking me, because it was opened in the exterior of the big red barn.

I had the real door physic (opened door blocking me) but I couldn't see it.

Problem was solved when door was closed and opened again, I was then able to see the door it the real state it was, as all the others connected on the server.

Upvote 0
Bumping... Players are still exploiting the "welded open" doors as zeds simply ignore that path and the only way to unweld them it seems is with player thrown explosives.

edit: seen this a second ago on the double doors in catacombs. After spawn go straight until the stairwell, climb and those are the doors that lead to the sewage. Zeds then only come from the bottom of the stairs for a pretty easy, exploited, no-fun game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0