• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC 'Far From Trader' Dialogue in Holdout maps

Delta69er

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 13, 2017
Category: Level Design

Reproducibility: Always?

Summary: Some descent maps are not assigned the right Sub Game Type which causes the condescending Trader remarks about being too far from the trader

Description: This bug relates to: Krampus Lair, Powercore and Nightmare - Descent is unaffected.

In the SDK, under World Properties > World Info > My Map Info > KFMap Info > Sub Game Type, these maps are assigned 'EGST_Normal'. These should be assigned 'EGST_Descent'

Having them set to 'EGST_Descent' prevents the distance trader remarks as observed in KFTraderDialogManager.UC

Offline/Online: Both

Last edited:
s5yn3t;n2318440 said:
Huh, i thought it made sense when it showed that you were half kilometer away from a trader pod.

I think its kinda condescending when the trader berates you for something that is essentially out of your control and result of the level's design and layout in holdout maps - and I think one of the designers noticed this as well (and I've seen some community comments fly around regarding it as well). So they implemented this additional field to prevent something that is out of the players control to happen.

It makes sense on normal maps, but as mentioned, due to the nature of holdout map layouts it seems kinda silly to remark on distance since 'conceptually' there really isn't a notion of it on those maps.

The fix is easy and takes like 5 seconds to implement and doesn't require any rebuilding.

Upvote 0
Still it requires a cooking of the map resulting in a whole new map file to update/download. I guess this could be done if other major issues/fix/improvements are made on the maps though but I don't see this 'problem' fixed without others at same time.

Kinda dumb they implement something specifically for a sub game mode, but don't use it in the three new maps they then add.. using the same Descent style mode..

Upvote 0