• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Fall_TriggerPack_V2

- i require a list of projectiles to make for you peoples.... what do you want exactly..... be descriptive and creative if you wish.... and ill see what i can and can not do and then make them...... we'll create an FA_projectile set embedded within the FAll_triggerpack_v2

Good idea! :) Here's what I can think of straight away...
- A custom bloat bile that looks like and acts like the bile the bloat is firing. The current, from guessing, relies on code to act the way it's supposed to.
- The LAW projectile is not in the list from what I can remember.
- Body parts, with a spread just like they appear in the game.
- A laser beam perhaps*? I can help with emitter settings if needed.

Would you make it possible to customize the name of the Instigator for the projectiles? For example: "PiX was killed by a flying rocket".
* Also. Would it be possible to set a "target" for the shooter? To make it fire either towards the player or towards the actor with a specified tag? Let me know any time if I'm laying too much on you.

Trying to think of more..

Upvote 0
- The LAW projectile is not in the list from what I can remember.

I have a few of these on Peak If you look above the final building on the roof i have law emitters.

This is off the top of my head.

Scripted Trigger;

Spawn Actor> KFChar.BossLAWProj

- Body parts, with a spread just like they appear in the game.

You can emulate this with triggered Gib emitters., just edit the velocity in the emitter properties to get them to spread

Last edited:
Upvote 0
hey pix i have a nifty piece of info for ya... my FA_Storylines trigger Now
Accepts line Breaks " | " tho atm does not work for CriticalEvent(due to the nature of Critical Event messages lol) MsgType so if you want to use CriticalEvent MsgType just use the Delays/Msgs instead of useing line breaks

so "OurTestMsg |OurTestMsg"

becomes
OurTestMsg
OurTestMsg

EDIT:
a few more updates
-FA_SpawnPoint as been moved to triggers, i found that if i made it part of the pathing network things get messy and Very slow.. also you can now link the same spawnpoint to as many spawners as you so please i thought it would've been harder but it's just a classic case of overthinking it....

-you can now use Multi_Conditionals as TOP of the Stack and it'll Continue the Pulse down the stack if it's not the TOP instead of just stopping there.

-i fixed a minor code error inside the loopTrigger that made numLoops=3 actually mean 4 lol so now 3=3

-i added the ability to make it so the Conditional Loop will now Check if it's condition became true or not at a frequency that the L.D. decides

- progress on the custom human Ai guys is slow but going... running into problems fixing them continueing... slow progress.......... it'll get done eventually tho if i get done with the actual trigger before that gets done ill release the triggerpack and just release an update when the aiguys are finished.......

- i am looking into a way to re-add independent delays for the relay tho i might just have to make it so you can only have 12 or so events for it....... hmmmmmm still trying to work it out....

- OH yea and one other thing im debating wither i should organize the triggers into groups: Actions, Interaction, etc because atm the list of Triggers in the actor->Triggers list is getting a bit too long lol here is the current list from a recent UCC compile
Code:
Log: Compiling kfDoorMoverPlus
Log: Compiling FA_spawnpoint
Log: Compiling FA_UseTriggerPay
Log: Compiling FA_AutoTrigger
Log: Compiling FA_Conditionals
Log: Compiling FA_CompairConditions
Log: Compiling FA_Con_GameDifficulty
Log: Compiling FA_Con_GameTime
Log: Compiling FA_Con_PawnsinArea
Log: Compiling FA_Con_PlayerCount
Log: Compiling FA_Switch
Log: Compiling FA_CON_UseTrigger
Log: Compiling FA_CON_UseTrigger_Pay
Log: Compiling FA_Con_WaveNum
Log: Compiling FA_Multi_conditional
Log: Compiling FA_LoopTrigger
Log: Compiling FA_ConditionalLoop
Log: Compiling FA_Counter
Log: Compiling FA_ForceRespawn
Log: Compiling FA_ItemSpawner
Log: Compiling FA_OnlineViewShaker
Log: Compiling FA_RandomTrigger
Log: Compiling FA_Relay_Plus
Log: Compiling FA_ResetER
Log: Compiling FA_Shooter
Log: Compiling FA_SlomoTrigger
Log: Compiling FA_Spawner
Log: Compiling FA_SpawnPoint_StandAlone
Log: Compiling FA_StoryLines
Log: Compiling FA_TriggerChance
Log: Compiling FA_VariableTimer
Log: Compiling FA_WaveControl
Log: Compiling FA_ZedCount_Modifier
Log: Compiling FA_ShopVolume
Log: Compiling FA_AmmoPickup
Log: Compiling FA_ShakerNade
edit2: also note that there is nothing related to the human AI guys in the list.. atm im keeping it in another package untill it's at least a beta stable

Log: Success: Compiled 7696 line(s), 837 statement(s).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
inpiration from the method i used with getting the viewshaker to work online has allowed me to make a working online HudMaterialOverlay trigger =D

also i've done some tinkering with the storylines trigger to allow line breaks with Criticalevent msgType....... im going to have to make a whole new method of sending msgs to the players if im going to make my own msg types and allow colors while maintaining capatability with Line Breaks point being i can be done... Stupid Hud crap doing things in stupid ways.....=D

Upvote 0
hey falidell,
I have 2 requests hoping you could make them when your done with current issues:

1- This Thread reminded about telling you this, how about adding a new option for KFUseTrigger like bHideWeldStatus that will hide the welding progress.

2- Adding Color Saturation option to the ZoneInfo or KFSPLevelInfo like the way how overlay works. I would really like that to add creepy atmosphere.

Upvote 0
sorry for the very long delay guys this is actually the first time(yes i mean that literally) that i have been on any of my computers in a while i found a woman who i've been spending close to every free minute of my time with so forgive me for the delay.... she is actually sitting right next to me she says "hi david's friends!" lol well i found she enjoys watching me work on levels, models, and code says it's "fascinating" so imma be back to work on it yet again beta will be up soon

Upvote 0