Extremely annoying thing

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Carl Gustav

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 16, 2010
Well i'm a chatful person and i use voice commands for every thing/order etc.
The only thing that buggers me is that voice comms simply dont work.
V+2+3 = Thanks, i click em and my character wont say anything at times.

sverek

May 20, 2009
Voice spam prevention? I think it also has something to do with ZED time, especially when other people also used voice com.

Dolphin Buff Man

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 18, 2010
Victoria, Australia
I don't worry about saying thanks for heals a lot of the time, because as a medic a lot of the time I don't expect people to thank me every time I heal them which is on average at least one person every 7 seconds or something. Sure manners a really nice, but there are greater things to worry about at the time.

Also, it's a medics job to heal people, no one thanks me for shooting down clots and stuff as a Commando... ;)

Salad Snake

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 2, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
There's a limit to how frequently voice commands can be used. Unfortunately, it also counts automated messages like "Reloading!", so expect to see lots of thanks for heals fall by the wayside.

This is the problem. Auto-commands should not be counted by the voice-spam prevention.

Benjamin

Grizzled Veteran
May 17, 2009
France
We've discussed it before, and yes it's extremely annoying. :(

By the way, please try to use a more descriptive thread title next time, it helps when searching.

Last edited:

CandleJack

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 2, 2009
VIC
Perhaps rather than 1 every x seconds, it's x over y seconds, so you can get 2-3 voice chat messages in before being silenced.

Because sometimes i'm spamming the "thanks" key to only have it work on the 15th time, and 5-6 seconds have passed, and my team doesn't know what i'm thanking them for doing.

Reactions: Salad Snake

Krausier

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 20, 2011
hmm i belive that is in place so we don't have like 6 players talking over each other or some case basically spamming useing the voices

Reactions: Benjamin