• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Error when joining servers with the new maps?

Vulparia

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
Ireland
Hi, I haven't been able to find a fix anywhere and I'm sorry if there are already is one and I've overlooked it, if it is the case then by all means please remove this thread.

But here is the issue I'm having, it started since I installed the End Of The Line update and it only seems to affect the maps Stronghold and Sirensbelch, I get the error:
"Failed launching URL,
Package "KF_Swansong_SKD" version mismatch"

What can I do to fix this?

Re- Miss matched versions

Re- Miss matched versions

When a server says you cant connect cause "insert File Name Here" is a miss matched version, all you have to do is open a folder to delete where that file is in your cashe, that way the server your joining gives you their version, then you should be able to play.

Look in folder located in /Steam/SteamApps/Common/KillingFloor/Cashe

next the top folder is a Config file, open that with notepad and its a HUGE list of all the mod files you download when joining servers, things like texture files and map files and sound files ect ect...

next you look for the File name on the right hand side that matches the file it said that wasnt matching so for example

Lets say the game said "2009DoomMonstersSM" was a miss match version

I open the cashe config file with notepad and look down the list and it so happens to be right up top and looks like

"E0C60A4945870FEEF1105FB9E4D917F1-1=2009DoomMonstersSM.usx"

the long serial code starting with E0C6 is what your looking for, highlight the whole thing just befor it hits the = and go back to the window for the cashe, paste it in the search bar top right and one file will show, simply delete that then close and reopen KF then when you join the server it will download that file again and it will be that server's version

keep in mind if you play 2 different servers that both use this file and you get the miss match error, you will have to repeat this process everytime you change servers

*when i delete a file from the cashe i also delete the entire entry for it in the config file then save

Upvote 0