Error launching a rising storm 2 server in linux using WINE

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

jeffilluminati

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 24, 2020
1595566941904.png

I get this error opening Steam key when trying to launch a rising storm 2 dedicated server in linux using wine.

PolarWolf_NL

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 30, 2018
That's not much of an error. What it yells you is that there are some missing registry keys. I got this the dedicated server to work in a docker container on Linux and while messing with it I also ran into this.

®omano

Grizzled Veteran
May 14, 2009
France
www.hellsoldiers.tk
UP! Anyone at Tripwire who can give a hint how we could fix this? What have you modified in last months that forbid completely to run a RS2 server on Linux using WINE? It was working perfectly before..

PolarWolf_NL

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 30, 2018
UP! Anyone at Tripwire who can give a hint how we could fix this? What have you modified in last months that forbid completely to run a RS2 server on Linux using WINE? It was working perfectly before..
It still does. It takes some messing around though. I'll upload my scripts and Dockerfile to Github together with a manual on how to use it, I guess. Maybe it'll help you.

[edit]There ya go: FOTempel/rs2server: TWI Rising Storm 2:Vietnam Dedicated Server (github.com)

Last edited:

Yoshiro

In Soviet Russia, Yoshiro is a cake
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
There was no intentional change to cause this and we are currently not aware of what could have made this happen. But this is not a supported method and not something we test against either. If anything is discovered on either end we will pass it along to the other party.

®omano

Grizzled Veteran
May 14, 2009
France
www.hellsoldiers.tk