• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

END your FPS problems for good: 2 simple steps

Gabriel6 said:
Gamecache=32. CHANGE this to a higher number but only if you have at least 1 gig of ram. For example, I have 2gigs of ram and set it to 512. If you have less then set the number higher in small increments say 64 or 128 or 256. No need to turn off all the precaching just bump this number up and combined with the d3d change you can experience the beauty--STUTTER FREE--of Ostfront.

i changed this from 32 to 512, and i have 2.5Gigs of RAM...shotrly after i noticed i got kicked at map rotation, and then i got the dreaded BSOD...putting it back to 32 = no more problem.

so i dont reccomend changing this unless a dev confirms its ok

check your fps by typing stat fps in console

Upvote 0
My apology, I'm not sure why I called it Gamecache--sure that confused a few people (must have been messing with something else right before I posted). Anyway, here is what I changed and I would suggest starting at 64 and working up. I have it at 512 and while game is running my mem load is 1420 leaving me almost 600megs of headroom..your mileage may vary. I also have d3d selected and not d3d 9.0 (ati radeon x850pro)

[Engine.GameEngine]
CacheSizeMegs=512-- I changed this from 32 to 512. Obviuously if you only have 512megs or 1 gig ram you may want to set it at 64, 128 or 256 depending on your system load
UseSound=True
VoIPAllowVAD=False
ServerActors=IpDrv.MasterServerUplink
ServerActors=UWeb.WebServer
ServerPackages=Core
ServerPackages=Engine
ServerPackages=Fire

Upvote 0
DirtyRat said:
i changed this from 32 to 512, and i have 2.5Gigs of RAM...shotrly after i noticed i got kicked at map rotation, and then i got the dreaded BSOD...putting it back to 32 = no more problem.

so i dont reccomend changing this unless a dev confirms its ok

check your fps by typing stat fps in console

Fu.Svedberg said:
TweakGuides.com said:
CacheSizeMegs=32

This value represents the amount of System RAM set aside for caching game information. I recommend a Cache size of 64 for most systems with 512MB of RAM or more. Given UT2004's need for RAM, I don't suggest increasing this value higher than 64. This tweak will not impact on FPS as such, it is designed to reduce loading pauses in-game, and should be used in conjunction with the other tips to do so throughout this guide.
from http://www.tweakguides.com/UT2004_1.html

there is a reason I posted that ;)

Upvote 0