• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

"Emissive Maps"?

Strogglet

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
So, Tripwire doesn't allow the editing of the _MAT.upk packages (Materials), in which case some users just hex-edit it to be allowed, but now that doesn't work.

Is there really a problem using glow on guns though? I mean, I would like to change the glow colour of the medic gun AND I would also like to add tritium sights whenever I want to. Can't I do?

Just asking, not saying "I know this is not allowed but allow me, I know what I'm doing and what I'm doing is right".

Got the same question really, I set up a nice little green dot on the iron sights of the 9MM because I felt it lacked a distinct focal point to help with ADS and darker areas in general. I set up the spec, diffuse and made an emissive map, but since I cant get access to the materials I can't set the emissive map to be used in the material. No idea how ot approach this either.

In my case at least it's literally a quality of life texture that should be there but, eh.

EDIT: I've since gotten what i wanted working using alpha channels and existing shroud maps alongside the MAT instance. However, because of the discrepancy between the edited shroud texture and the original ones it refuses to let me play online and also forces me to redownload the original .mat file, is there any way to override this behavior?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Another question to confirm, the stuff that ends with _M is pretty much "emissive map", right? I mean, if you add an alpha channel to it and then put colour parts on some locations, it will glow as long as you enable the "HasGlow" parameter in the _MAT.

My question was actually if there's a way to add a working emissive map without having to rely with changing the Material.

Upvote 0