• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design editor help

Nyu

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
www.panzergrenadiers.com
I've installed the editor since i'm planning on making a map and i've had some help from Evilhobo and the manual, but i've ran into a problem. In the spawnarea tutorial of the manual i followed it just fine and i was able to spawn on the RO-AdvancedSpawnAreasP1, but in my beginning experimental map i'm not being able to spawn eventhough i did the same steps that's in the manual. So could a mapping vet or two help me out some on how to actually be able to spawn?

Spawns are the hardest thing in mapping suprising enough they are as fickal as a woman in a dress shop.

make sure you have you ROLevelinfo actor included most people forget this one, and you have bUseSpawn set to true in the properties

Make sure you do one sides spawn before doing the other, keep it simple to start with try a single spawn on either side without tank crew, and one or two playerspawns.

Forget the volume side of things for now and add one rospawn actor for each side and one playerstart for each side and make sure the tag in event is the same as the rospawn tag

Also add one ROTerritory objective, trust me without it spawns do crazy things.

then practice test it and see if you are spawn, once you done that from a new map, expand on it with your advance tuts.

Upvote 0