• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Eastfront were more countries.

Nugetti23

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 30, 2006
Red orchestra game name is ostfront 41-45= eastfront.
So there were more countries in battle then russian and germans.
There were, Finnland fight in in 10 times bigger enemy = russia.
There were Poland fighting with germans and russians.
So when the game is version like 3.5 could the finnland or polak can be there.
I'm interested about finnland figths, because russian have 100 time more tanks and 20 time more soldiers than finnland, but still finnish soldiers hold the lines.

Most of these armies were armed by germany or russia, so we'd have nearly identical weapons, just slightly different uniforms and new languages. I don't think it would add much to the game.
Do more research. Hungarian, Romanian and Italian troops fought as their own nations, with their own equipment. Most of the time they provided a secondary role as a backup for German troops, but the Romanians did have some success during the battle for Crimean penninsula.

And yes, new nations would be nice, but I would rather see more uniforms and more diversity for the soldiers we have in the game now. Otherwise, Finns or Romanians won't be any different from Germans or Russians and only have new "skins".

Upvote 0
Adding the Polish First Army would not be hard. Recording a new language might be, but the skins could basically be the same with the addition of some Polish item's , like the Wz.37 Rogatywka, and personalized planes and tanks. I would however be happy to see any country added to Red Orchestra, not just me own.
Thats the thing though, they will just be new skins with no actual depth behind them. RO will become more like IL-2 (the flightsim, not the actual plane :p), where there are hundres of planes (soldiers and vehicles in this case) that are all basically the same.

Upvote 0
Thats the thing though, they will just be new skins with no actual depth behind them. RO will become more like IL-2 (the flightsim, not the actual plane :p), where there are hundres of planes (soldiers and vehicles in this case) that are all basically the same.

Yeah. Only difference would be as I said, language, eagles painted on helmets and lots of Wz.37's.

Upvote 0