• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

E.D.A.R. replacement

xmrmeow

Grizzled Veteran
  • Mar 23, 2015
    So I'm seeing a ton of people mentioning they want the E.D.A.R. removed in KF3.

I actually personally like how they not only have a more unique weakpoint in their chest, but also the aspect that they reward you with some crowd control by killing them.

I'm not sure what exactly each person doesn't like about them, but I assume most of the issues is with them aesthetically clashing with the gory gritty look of the rest of the enemies.

How about instead of removing them entirely, they're reworked to be a new type of ZED with more organic feeling components, but retain the same overall function. For example, the Trapper EDAR could be reworked to be an standard clone like the rest, but with some tech or even a face/brain in its chest to indicate that's the weak spot, and use some meat hook on a chain or even something like the patriarch's chest tentacle to grab the player from a distance. You could even make their heads some little shrunken or faceless vestigial looking stub to make it clear that isn't where you're supposed to shoot.

I think if they did it like this, people would be a lot more open to something like the current EDARs being in the game, as I personally don't see much of an issue with any of their actual functionality.

Reactions: Anon24w0w~
    I do believe EDARs stick out like a sore thumb being fully robotic. But that definitely isn't the main problem with them. I do enjoy the fact you have to aim for the chest instead of the head, keeping players on their toes... and being rewarded with a free EMP for your trouble. But the Trapper can really go away. We already have clots to hinder your movement, and at least they're a bit less infuriating considering they have to be at melee range.

But the main annoyance to me is that they pretty much fill the same role as the Husk. He's the long-ranged guy, he's the zed that keeps your team in check if you let zeds simply come to you. He can snipe you from afar but also deal a ton of damage to your team at closer ranges too. The EDARs just feel redundant, and somewhat more annoying (even if they can't one-shot you with a kamikaze attack...)

Upvote 0
    Because is a robot, and robots are not zeds, also the post from OnionBubs is enough. Personally i hate the laser robot, does way too much damage and you can't even hear it but overall they are so more advanced than zeds that makes no sense, lasers? a lot of rockets? a ray that locks you into place? wtf.. also tiny frame, fast moving, can dodge, long range or close range high damage, almost immune to ballistics except the core.

Upvote 0