• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

/!\ Dwarf Fortress /!\ live out your dwarven dream life ITT

Onion

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 12, 2005
With a thread title and idea stolen blatantly from Something Awful's BYOB forum, I will be playing dwarf fortress. Its like the Sims, but with more violence, and more cool stuff going on. It randomly generates a world in which you pick a site to settle down with 7 dwarves and build a thriving underground dwarf fortress. The first seven posters in this thread will have an alter-ego named after them and everyone will get to watch as they go mad and kill each other, get killed by elephants, drown in floods or maybe throw some parties and drink some beer.

1.gif

And our all star cast
2.gif

Don't worry if you didn't get in this time, there will be a metalsmith coming later (wolfstuka gets it) and immigrants come just before winter.

Edit: as you can see with jenova, you can customise your job name, post if you want me to change yours!

Upvote 0
3.gif

ok we have started mining into the mountain, here is a progress report.

Up at the top is the area for the bedrooms, then at the bottom is the workshop area being hollowed out by buddy lee and munk. then just to the right of that is the area for our stockpile, soon ill construct a dining room with attached food storage. also the 3 asterics are rubies, so we will have some dwarven bling to trade with :D

Edit:
All the events that has happend so far, and jenova has a pet cat!
4.gif

Edit:we found the underground river! farming time!
6.gif

Edit2: goodnight, sweet prince :(
5.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0
And if that wasnt enough, we are under attack by mandrils :eek:

I think they are monkeys, small blue M's on the screen

Angel is KO'ed
7angelkoed.gif

Angel gets killed after killing 2 mandrils with his bare hands
8angeldies.gif

meatsim is chasing a mandril around the map, while the others cause disarray at camp, and steal food, those bastards! If only he had stayed at the main area, then most of this horrible slaughter would not have happened. Meat sim had the only axe, and sliced and diced any surviving mandrils.

The aftermath

9.gif

10.gif

11.gif

the dog gave a valliant, yet futile effort.

Since the attack left us without any miners, we cannot progress in the game, so we are forced to abandon the fortress, but worry not, for i will start a new one!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here is our new fortress! We will have the same starting lineup and same design for the fort, so no need to update on that, hope people wont die so much this time :) or get attacked by monkeys :mad:

1new.gif
\

Edit: troels and angel are sitting next to each other outside the fortress entrance, awwwwww
troels is the guy and angel is a girl. Spoilers, I dont get to pick the dwarves gender.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
2.gif

The river flooded, and now we can farm!

Edit: Mandrils attack again, this time they dont have any food outside to steal, as the in fort kitchen is prepared. so angel goes out to kill one, but bleeds to death right after he does. :(

Dammit another one wandered in, Troels made it bleed to death, and he is unconcius

Edit again: troels vomited during the fight

Last edited:
Upvote 0