• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
excuse me if this has been suggested already, but wouldnt it be awesome to see dualies with two different pistols? like a magnum and a handcannon together.

Non-matching dual-pistols? I don't think I've ever seen that done before in anything.

... Wait, why hasn't it? That'd be like the gun equivelant of having a sword and a shorter sword (which is as far as I know the only way anyone actually dual-wielded swords in real life)

Hmmmmmmmm.. :confused:

I'm guessing we probably won't see it in KF2, though, if only because it's easier for them to just make paired specific guns count as though they were a single weapon. Unless they specifically put in like "9mm+Handcannon" as a choice.

But then they'd have to change up the firing so that instead of just clicking away to alternate shots between the two guns, you'd have to like.. primary fire to use one gun and secondary fire to use the other. Different clip sizes and different situational uses, y'know?

So like, technically they could but I doubt very much they will. You could make a mod for it though.

Upvote 0
Some of the negativity towards a perk that has almost no information other than "can dual wield and focuses on pistols" is ridiculous.

Dont assume anything people. You cannot expect your experience with KF 1 to directly translate into KF 2. What systems are different? How has a-z been changed so that dual wielding offers potentially new benefits that didn't exist in the current game.

Chill out and think of the good possibilities that we may not understand, don't focus on how it could be bad. That is a waste of energy until we know a lot more about the game.

Upvote 0
Non-matching dual-pistols? I don't think I've ever seen that done before in anything.

... Wait, why hasn't it? That'd be like the gun equivelant of having a sword and a shorter sword (which is as far as I know the only way anyone actually dual-wielded swords in real life)

Hmmmmmmmm.. :confused:

You must be pretty new to the gaming then. It has been done many times. I remember using 1911 in my left hand and Desert Eagle in the right in Opera (a mod for HL) back in 2001.. There are mods adding this feature in Max Payne. I think it was default option in MP2. Its possible in The Punisher too. There are many examples really.

Upvote 0
You must be pretty new to the gaming then. It has been done many times. I remember using 1911 in my left hand and Desert Eagle in the right in Opera (a mod for HL) back in 2001.. There are mods adding this feature in Max Payne. I think it was default option in MP2. Its possible in The Punisher too. There are many examples really.

Also, I could have sworn in Halo 3 you could dual wield different weapons. It's been a long time since I played.

*insert LOL CONSOLE SHOOTERS! comments here* lol

Upvote 0

Hey, that's a rude accusation. I play more games than almost anyone I know.. I just haven't been into mods since like, Tribes and Tribes 2. Too many full games to play, and all the really interesting/popular mods wind up becoming full games anyway, right?

Chimpster said:
Also, I could have sworn in Halo 3 you could dual wield different weapons. It's been a long time since I played.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Halo 3. Wasn't much point to most dual-wielding combos, though. Plasma Pistol + anything else was good, and two needlers were better than one but apart from that? Eh. Dual pistols just cramped my fingers. :p

Upvote 0
Some of the negativity towards a perk that has almost no information other than "can dual wield and focuses on pistols" is ridiculous.

Dont assume anything people. You cannot expect your experience with KF 1 to directly translate into KF 2. What systems are different? How has a-z been changed so that dual wielding offers potentially new benefits that didn't exist in the current game.

Chill out and think of the good possibilities that we may not understand, don't focus on how it could be bad. That is a waste of energy until we know a lot more about the game.

Quit with this ****, people are simply offering they're own opinions on something they more then likely hold with very much respect - the success of Killing Floor2

and another thing - **** the Akimbo **** - theyre should not be a dual wielding firebug, that shouldnt be a thing, never, ever, please. :(

Upvote 0
Quit with this ****, people are simply offering they're own opinions on something they more then likely hold with very much respect - the success of Killing Floor2

and another thing - **** the Akimbo **** - theyre should not be a dual wielding firebug, that shouldnt be a thing, never, ever, please. :(

Hey King...chill.

Im as excited as anyone. This is in my top 5 anticipated games of the year. I trust Tripwire to make it good so I will explain again, no one knows how it works yet so be cool.

Upvote 0
Everyone knows the difference between the three it's redundant to state it, and even more redundant for you not to even educate someone on why it isn't correct.

I also hated Fistful of Frags lol.

Everyone does not know the difference. E.g. you. :rolleyes:

Re: topic

I'd say only have assymetrical akimbo only if there is something potentially functional or tactical about it.
But the only thing I can think of is access to two weapons at once (I'm imagining you would use mouse1 for one gun and mouse2 for the other). Which kind of seems like cheating. Lol

Upvote 0
Everyone does not know the difference. E.g. you. :rolleyes:

Re: topic

I'd say only have assymetrical akimbo only if there is something potentially functional or tactical about it.
But the only thing I can think of is access to two weapons at once (I'm imagining you would use mouse1 for one gun and mouse2 for the other). Which kind of seems like cheating. Lol

Attacking basics of grammar, that people should not even be thinking about unless it makes intolerable, is a waste of time when the focus should be on constructive criticism. All it does is create a hostile environment.

To be perfectly honest there is nothing functional or tactical about akimbo or dual wielding so you might as well allow different pistols in different hands.

Upvote 0
To be perfectly honest there is nothing functional or tactical about akimbo or dual wielding so you might as well allow different pistols in different hands.

Well, there's an effective doubling of one gun's magazine size (at the tradeoff of really awkward reloads, heh) But other than that, you're right.

That is, as long as we're under the game restraint of having to hold both guns perfectly parallel and shoot both at the same point.

In the movies people go akimbo so they can point a gun in two different directions at a time (ignoring the fact that you'd just be taking blind pot-shots in one of those directions and probably not hit anyone)

The only way I can personally think of to replicate that in-game is to have one gun auto-aim within your FoV with **** accuracy or just pointing towards center-mass or somesuch, but even that I think would be cooler than nothing.

Upvote 0
Well, there's an effective doubling of one gun's magazine size (at the tradeoff of really awkward reloads, heh) But other than that, you're right.

That is, as long as we're under the game restraint of having to hold both guns perfectly parallel and shoot both at the same point.

In the movies people go akimbo so they can point a gun in two different directions at a time (ignoring the fact that you'd just be taking blind pot-shots in one of those directions and probably not hit anyone)

The only way I can personally think of to replicate that in-game is to have one gun auto-aim within your FoV with **** accuracy or just pointing towards center-mass or somesuch, but even that I think would be cooler than nothing.

Accuracy does need to be hindered immensely. Gunslingers should have higher hip-accuracy, but dual handguns hip accuracy should be worse then even hip accuracy for a sharpshooter.

Upvote 0
Accuracy does need to be hindered immensely. Gunslingers should have higher hip-accuracy, but dual handguns hip accuracy should be worse then even hip accuracy for a sharpshooter.

Agreed. Or regarding hip-accuracy in general, the idea with smaller handguns would be that they don't sway as much per shot or regain accuracy faster, so you can make shots at a more consistent rate than with other guns and retain some semblance of accuracy.

With big ol' handcannons, ESPECIALLY when not used as a single gun in both hands, there'd be a lot less of that accuracy retention/regain benefit.

And if there WAS a firing mode available when going akimbo, for shooting at targets you aren't directly looking at, the accuracy there would be nonexistant; just a potshot in their general direction.

Upvote 0
Agreed. Or regarding hip-accuracy in general, the idea with smaller handguns would be that they don't sway as much per shot or regain accuracy faster, so you can make shots at a more consistent rate than with other guns and retain some semblance of accuracy.

With big ol' handcannons, ESPECIALLY when not used as a single gun in both hands, there'd be a lot less of that accuracy retention/regain benefit.

And if there WAS a firing mode available when going akimbo, for shooting at targets you aren't directly looking at, the accuracy there would be nonexistant; just a potshot in their general direction.

Exactly. If a player was to play gunslinger then they want to be 1-2 meters in front of the target anyways - essentially a zerker with guns, you get the movement speed so why do you need huge accuracy buffs? You don't need accuracy buffs if youre going to be that close and the huge disadvantages we're listing could almost be nonexistent in close proximity.

if you wanted accuracy AND DISTANCE you should have went sharpshooter, or Commando.

Upvote 0
Exactly. If a player was to play gunslinger then they want to be 1-2 meters in front of the target anyways - essentially a zerker with guns, you get the movement speed so why do you need huge accuracy buffs? You don't need accuracy buffs if youre going to be that close and the huge disadvantages we're listing could almost be nonexistent in close proximity.

Right, that's what I'm thinking. Gunslinger is going to be a class that runs all over the place and gets dangerously close to the Zeds without actually touching them (hopefully). And while they have ammo and have to reload, they'll definitely reload quickly (especially after some skills. I think they specifically mentioned handguns when they talked about how some classes would have two sets of reload animations: one standard and one modeled after people in speed-loading videos) and I wouldn't be surprised if they got bonuses to maximum ammo or something, since pistol ammo is light and easy to manage.

Essentially, I expect gunslinger to be one step between a Berzerker and any of the gun-using classes, and they'll be great as both front-linesmen when holding ground, or prime candidates if someone on the team NEEDS to go somewhere.

Although, for gunslingers that choose to use a single gun (as it's been mentioned that's perfectly viable) I'm sure there will be playstyles and skill choices that make the class more like... a step between the Sharpshooter and other classes.

I'm pretty excited to see how much of our speculation will turn out to be true, and to experience playing as a Gunslinger. Handguns in KF1 were something I just fooled around with earlier than wave four or five, or something I carried for shooting crawlers as a 'zerker.

Last edited:
Upvote 0