• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dual Handcannons and Sharpshooter

In a panic moment at close range, but I prefer one Deagle over the dual ones. I like to aim properly. I feel like half the bullets go to waste when I use dual pistols.

Shoot slower...

And when a Fleshpounder is 2 inches away and your flamer is out, i'd rather have 16 bullets than 8. After all, theres nothing else you can do with the weight.

Upvote 0
In my opinion the lever action rifle is a terrible weapon when you play on skilled or harder. It would be cool if you could attach a makeshift scope to it or something and then maybe it would even things out a little. In games where teamwork is so essential I tend to hate the sniper guys who hang back whilst your *** is being handed to you by a fleshpound.

correction: they are back there firing every bullet they have into the flesh pound thinking that is how you kill one, only making it mad so that it destroys you, they then proceed to laugh at you and call you the noob.

Upvote 0
So from what I gather here the SS perk does not apply to dual DEs? I find them useful for when a teammate isn't holding up there end of the defense and I get swarmed from another side, those DEs chew everything except FPs & Scrakes up.

Whoever suggested a scope for the Lever, while that would be fun it's not necessary. The xbow is meant to be the scoped weapon and I'm just fine in West London shooting all the way down the street with a Lever. But I also intentionally follow Rambo zerkers around and steal their kills until they stay with the group. I'm a dick :) A chainsaw does not mean deprive the team of $.

Upvote 0
Ok so im not willing to post too much on forum where it seems 70% of people can't spend an hour to play and then get killed by the patriarch at the end(or whatever,frickin arcade gamers)because it seems peoples are never happy with what they got...

but here I got the answer(finally) for this question:
Yes,the dual HandCannons works with the sharpshooter perk.

Here's the test I made:
WestLondon,on Beginner with Fleshpounders only.

-Sharpshooter perk
Dual HandCannons:9 shots in the head.
Single HandCannon:9 shots in the head.
(the number of bullets needed may slightly differ to one more or one less bullet...)

-Support Perk
Dual HandCannons:14 shots in the head.
Single HandCannons:14 shots in the head.
(the number of bullets needed may slightly differ to one more or one less bullet...)

I also tested this with the medic perk and came out with the same result(~14bullets)
and I tested this on 5 to 10 Fleshpounders for each.

And for the trick that make's the dualies count as shotgun damages for gaining experience in the support perk(and not countin 'em for sharpshooter...)I guess its just a bug that might be solved soon.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You cannot carry more ammo with akimbo Deagles so it's really more effective using one Deagle as sharpshooter especially since it's better than Xbow and Winchester and you need to preserve all the ammo, at harder difficulties ammo is really expesive and need to be used carefully.

Akimbo Desert Eagles are however very efficient when your playing Support Speciallist to kill stalkers and crawlers fast without wasting shotgun ammo.

Furthermore Support Speciallist is noticeably better than Sharpshooter so i dont really suggest you play it.

Upvote 0