• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Drops are "Random and Time-Based" says a Dev who doesn't know how they really work.

I didn't mean to imply this update would kill the game, I think the game is already struggling to keep players active as it is. But this update offers very little to return for and not a ton of new people will come just because it's "out" now. Not unless there's massive hype like Bethesda does.

That's what I mean about Christmas. If they don't have some kind of funny skins or map planned, or at least have the new weapons and Gorefast ready, that's bad news.

Because the current Survivalist isn't exciting and it's pretty much the only thing new here. I'm trying to be realistic not insulting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oy The Destroyer;n2278248 said:
I didn't mean to imply this update would kill the game, I think the game is already struggling to keep players active as it is. But this update offers very little to return for and not a ton of new people will come just because it's "out" now. Not unless there's massive hype like Bethesda does.

That's what I mean about Christmas. If they don't have some kind of funny skins or map planned, or at least have the new weapons and Gorefast ready, that's bad news.

Because the current Survivalist isn't exciting and it's pretty much the only thing new here. I'm trying to be realistic not insulting.

Gotcha. Also, I'm amused that you say Survivalist is anything new :p

Upvote 0
2Clicks;n2278217 said:
Its been said enough times - partaking in the zedeconomy is optional. The free drops just give ppl a small incentive to keep playing the game or at least farm for the odd basic skin. Most of the time though you get crates. So skewed it is - but would you expect them to give good stuff out free? Dont forget that some of these items are made by non-employees so they deserve some recompense for their efforts.

Sadly however I dont think the model will change. As long as there are ppl out there that have the spare dosh around they will use it as they see fit. So thats what who model is aimed at. And tbh I dont really mind. Ive just got my 200th item (- the stuff I gave away and crafted my only item.) And it was a cheap, basic snakeskin for the 500s. Well chuffed but Im not really into blinging my character for this game. Those that are, you may just want to thx cause they will eventually be funding post-development. So maybe lets see what that brings! Dont think TW are/were prepared to self-fund 5yrs of extra support like they did with KF1 with a few dlcs, that probably didnt make enough to cover the resources they probably used....!

Pretty much... there will be times ppl just leave the game for an extended period and return when a new update (or event) occurs!

Just my 2cents :)

Then as I've asked, let it BE optional. Let me opt out so I don't get spammed with the useless Crates and Keys constantly, or headbands and glasses infrequently. Or better yet, just STOP with the Crates and Keys and have an in-game Store with everything there and let me cafeteria plan it. I personally don't mind the optional features, it's the poorly implemented cash-grabby way they have done it that sucks.

Post development support would be better implemented by what they did with KF1: New characters, maps, perks, and weapons. I bought all the DLC and never regretted it, even when I didn't use the golden guns, etc. The Zedconomy feels slimy and cash-grabby and I can't be the only one who's not going to support TWI with this model. If that means KF2 or future games by TWI die off or don't get made ... well TWI made their own bed.

Upvote 0
This update is so sloppy that I had no hope on it from the beginning. To be precise, this should be called a patch rather than an update, let alone official release. Devs are you so lazy that you can't even be bothered to renew the in-game store items? Or do you need to hire a person to do that specific job as well?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
lauykanson;n2278416 said:
This update is so sloppy that I had no hope on it from the beginning. To be precise, this should be called a patch rather than an update, let alone official release. Devs are you so lazy that you can't even be bothered to renew the in-game store items? Or do you need to hire a person to do that specific job as well?
Yoshiro said they were trying to work on an in-store update for post release. I'm not sure how that works, maybe they need to have contracts for all the items from the creators before they're put up and priced. Whatever it is, they need to refresh the store soon imo.

Upvote 0