• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Drivers need a view indicator on the HUD :(

Innociv

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 28, 2006
One thing that has annoyed me quite alto is how hard it is to tell the "o'clocks" on tanks.
I'll say something like "enemy at 2 o'clock" when it is really less than 1 o'clock . It is very easy for the gunner to tell what o'clock he is pointing at because of how the turrets works like the needle of a clock. The driver should have the same thing pointing to where his direction is, I think.

Okay well it is less realistic.. And with practice people could tell the o'clocks better without this. But with starting out it's very hard, harder than it should be I think. It'll still take considerable practice for me to be able to tell at which o'clock i'm looking at.. it is tougher than i expected to relate the physical model to the tank i can see to the one on the hud with the o'clocks.
But to argue the realism, if this was real life we'd be well trained drivers that would already have the o'clocks down pat. :p

Something I'd REALLY like to see in a patch assuming RO is a good sucess(right there with being able to switch from AP to HE and vice versa in the middle of reload). I can see the realism arguement against it, though.

Last edited:
Which is what i was saying. It's rather hard to reference the model of the tank to the HUD. I'm usualy way off on my o'clocks. Is it just me?
IT's aprticularly hard seeing as how you aren't popping out of the center of the tank. If you where then if you looked over the corner it'd be something like 2 o'clock, but generally you are off-centered and towards the front of the tank.

Upvote 0