• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Double stamina amount

Like title says, double up stamina amount in classic mode. Hope u will do it quickly.
if i remember right, too many people wanted it with less stamina. i don't see your wish coming true. you might want to do a search for the thread with the voting. if it agrees with what you want, you'd have had better luck resurrecting it, instead of a new thread.

Upvote 0
if i remember right, too many people wanted it with less stamina. i don't see your wish coming true. you might want to do a search for the thread with the voting. if it agrees with what you want, you'd have had better luck resurrecting it, instead of a new thread.

Uh, we had more stamina added in Classic months ago, GOTY patch.

Fixed any issues I ever had with it...

Testing it, you can cover roughly the same distance on a stamina bar in Realism and in Classic--Realism just gets you there faster

Upvote 0
I still think its a bit sad that I can spawn in B in the church on Spatanova and run out the south end, through the gully and run out of stamina/being forced to stop sprinting before I get to C (I was either a rifle or MG, I played both so not sure which). That fritz would of gotten eaten alive in basic training. Playing beta ladder on classic mode kinda reaffirmed for me why I don't play classic.

Upvote 0
I still think its a bit sad that I can spawn in B in the church on Spatanova and run out the south end, through the gully and run out of stamina/being forced to stop sprinting before I get to C (I was either a rifle or MG, I played both so not sure which). That fritz would of gotten eaten alive in basic training. Playing beta ladder on classic mode kinda reaffirmed for me why I don't play classic.

You sure you're taking the most direct route?

You can run all the way from E to well inside Zab's House in Classic on the same stamina bar. Church to First Housing Block should be a breeze.

Upvote 0
I'd still like to see increased stamina like say 2x current, but being in iron sight mode/hip shooting your gun/melee subtracts stamina, as all of them can tire you a bit. So if you have no stamina left your defenseless, but it would let you run a realistic distance. A much more common tactic would be run about 1.5x as far as you can now rest some and slowly assault the point. Also, would kill rambo mgers since they would lose stamina.

You sure you're taking the most direct route?

You can run all the way from E to well inside Zab's House in Classic on the same stamina bar. Church to First Housing Block should be a breeze.

Well, everything is set to level 0, but I didn't think having a higher level rifleman gave you any benefits in classic mode, if it does that could be our difference.

It's not the most direct route, but it is the second most direct and has about a 50% lower chance of getting you killed. Going out the east end of the church is the most direct route, but you are super vulnerable to fire from like 50 different spots, so no veteran should be going that way.

The larger issue is that after ~3 seconds of running out of stamina and still sprinting you go into exhausted mode where you can barely move at all and are in the middle of nowhere with no targets to shoot usually so that you have nothing to do but prone and afk 10-20 seconds. Since the stamina bar is small its easy to hit this well before the objective on the direct routes, making flanking less desirable as you can get to the objective an die, and get back there in the time it takes to flank around behind a point.

Exhausted mode is fine, but stamina should be larger of scale for larger maps. For instance if Barracks gives you current stamina, spartanova would give you 1.25x stamina bar (for attacking team at least), which would of put me on the point at least. RoF would give you say 1.5x, bridges might give you 1.75x.

This is a larger issue on lower population servers, this was a beta ladder match so it was 6v6, so the odds of encountering a player before the point were low and doing everything quickly is important. If it was 32v32 I prob would of had to stay back and snipe, slowly going to the point, so stamina would of never been an issue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0