• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Door Kickers

SiC-Disaster

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 16, 2005
Netherlands
www.tangodown.nl
So a new game was released as alpha a few days ago, called Door Kickers.
It is basically a mash-up between the planning phase of the oldschool Rainbow Six games and Frozen Synapse, so if you enjoyed those games you might enjoy this as well.

There are still a few issues at the moment (for example, you can only create one waypoint for each soldier at a time, you can't stack them up, but you will be able to in the future. Also you can't make the soldiers sidestep (yet?)) but all in all it already is a very enjoyable game that is very reasonably priced.

Website here: http://inthekillhouse.com/

Gameplay video:
DoorKickers Alpha Gameplay Trailer - YouTube

And with a bit of shameless self-promotion I made a small soundmod to make the sounds a bit more visceral and loud, which I made a video out of:
Door Kickers: SiC's Sound Mod - YouTube

Thread of that here: http://inthekillhouse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=44

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I saw this. Looks decent for what it is. I would have preferred if the graphics look more authentic and was properly 3D. Essentially, Raven Shield (and I will assume Rogue Spear) without the action mode. Detailed pre-mission planning as well. Perhaps this is one way a tactical shooter series can get proper funding through Kickstarter.

Though I will probably pick this up anyways as it looks fun.

Upvote 0
They are internally talking about switching to 3d characters and such, so maybe that might happen. The map would stay as it is though I think, which is perfectly fine.

I made an update for the soundmod. Changelog:
- Tweaked fade-out on some weapon sounds.
- Added the sound of shellcase falling for weapons other than the revolver.
- Added a new sound for the revolver reload, shells can now be heard falling onto the floor.
- Added a new bomb explosion.
- Added a new sound for shattering glass.
- Added new footstep sounds.

New video's for it:
Door Kickers: SiC's Sound Mod v1.1 - Bomb Defusal - YouTube

Door Kickers: SiC's Sound mod 1.1 - Hostage Rescue - YouTube

Upvote 0
I'm in the game now :cool:

1617323_816862391672797_1901209685_o.jpg

Upvote 0
Will be giving it a try on Monday when I get a chance. :D

Edit: Gave it 40 minutes just now. Pretty hard. Think I am a bit confused with how the waypoints work. But it really gives off an old R6 feeling. This isn't a mindless time waster, it really is a full game in its own right.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looks like a very hard map, I haven't tried that one yet as I hadn't played in a while.

Since I started playing again and the game had a ton of new weapons added I decided to start updating my sound mod for the game.
It's not done yet but I made a little preview video showcasing some of the new sounds, like kicking in a door, the HK416D10 and the MP5A3.

SiC's Sound Mod 1.2 Preview for Door Kickers' Alpha 8 - YouTube

Upvote 0
Sounds good. Do the sounds change if you move outdoors? And do you have a link?

I recorded a better replay (I figured out how to make them point in the proper direction while moving) but I am having issues with FRAPs. It cuts off at 1:49 every time and when I try to add the videos together the aspect ratios get messed up. :confused: Very awkward.

Here is a short Alpha 8 preview article I posted:

http://overlordgaming.us/archives/2226

Overall I like the game and the future additions sound promising.

Upvote 0
Sounds good. Do the sounds change if you move outdoors? And do you have a link?

The sounds don't change, no. Right now the game only allows two variations to be played for each weapon, and even if it was possible that would probably be beyond my abilities :p
I have a link to the old version (1.1) right here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/agfv545hz9pg9f0/SiC'S+DoorKickers+SoundMod+v1.1.rar but it's outdated, as it doesn't include sounds for the new weapons that got added later on. I wouldn't recommend using it now, because half the sounds would be the original ones, and some others will be modded.+

I recorded a better replay (I figured out how to make them point in the proper direction while moving) but I am having issues with FRAPs. It cuts off at 1:49 every time and when I try to add the videos together the aspect ratios get messed up. :confused: Very awkward.

Here is a short Alpha 8 preview article I posted:

http://overlordgaming.us/archives/2226

I just noticed in the second video that you move your troopers individually, like one at a time. You do know that if you press the spacebar the game is paused, and you can que up orders for every trooper? You can draw lines and even set directions for them to watch if you rightclick and hold somewhere along the movement path. I think if you hold shift or control or something you can even make the direction they look in 'permanent' as they move, but if you don't and you just rightclick and hold the trooper will watch in the direction you ordered him to for a few steps and then will face his movement direction again.

Upvote 0
I wanted to record a more recent replay with better movements, but as I said, I was having issues with FRAPs. Either I would have to speed up the missions by 3-4x or deal with awkward changing aspect ratios every now and then.

Also, I think there is an option, though the replays as I played them back did not show when the active pause was enabled.

Upvote 0
I'm glad to say that the 1.2 update for my soundmod is now complete!
It's been a while since I last updated the mod (I believe it might have been for alpha 2 or 3?) so it took me many hours over the past week to find source material for all the new weapons that were added since then. Then came the editing, and the testing for errors, and changing of some of the original sounds from the previous version.
I played with it quite a bit, but if there are any issues that pop up, like maybe a sound or two that won't play (I've had this issue with the breaching shotgun, the silenced MP5 etc.) please let me know so I can fix the problem asap as it's not that hard to do. But there are so many additions to the mod that I might have forgotten to check one or two weapons! ;)
I believe I succeeded in giving the game a richer soundscape that is much more visceral and convincing. I'd say that about 90% of all the sounds are authentic (meaning that the sound for the MPa3 is actually the sound of an MP5a3 being fired), and for the remainder I used other sources because I couldn't find any good sounds for them (trust me, I spent a good few hours trying to find sounds for the Commando 553 but almost all video's are from Battlefield 3 and 4, or airsoft lol).

Even if you don't find any errors (and I certainly think you won't), please give me feedback on things you like and things you don't like (like maybe volume levels on some of the weapons)! It's important to me as I put a lot of effort in this project :)

CHANGELOG 1.2:
- Added new sound for battering down a door with the ram
- Added new sound for the breaching charge
- Reduced decibel values for all explosion sounds to make it easier on the ear
- Reduced decibel values for the Mac-10.
- Replaced the .38 revolver sound. (old version still available in alternatives folder)
- Added new sounds for recently added weapons like the G36C, Glock 17, HK416, the shotguns, silenced weapons etc. as well as the sniper rifle with a bit of delay to simulate distance.
(alternative without delay available in the alternatives folder)
- Changed the footstep sounds. They sound heavier now, like actual combat boots.

Download 1.2.1 here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9....2.1.rar#39;S_DoorKickers_SoundMod_v1.2.1.rar

EDIT:
Turned out I forgot the revolver. Post updated with a new download link.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That reminds me of suppressed weapons. Kept failing two missions as the terrorists execute the hostages right before I get to the final room. I should dump the M4/Tavors for a UMP-45 + suppressor.

Will give the mod a try eventually. Though I do not want to play too much, already did about half the missions. Want some maps to be new when I play the final version. :p But I do find it rather fun...

Upvote 0
Have not tried the beta yet. But based on the Alpha the game is wonderful. Friendly developers to.

A lot of people wish for old tactical shooters, well this is one of them. While you do not take direct control of the operators it is very much like the planning phase mixed with on the fly commands like in R6. Buy it to support the genre if anything. But as mentioned, the game is fun on its own. I do not like 2D games in general but this game is great. The art/graphic quality is excellent for what it is. And it comes with a map editor and Steamworks integration.

Last edited:
Upvote 0